THE Realization

Arun's POV :

"Do you mind telling me what is happening?", asked Shivam.

Maybe it's time I need to discuss my life with someone. Maybe they understand my side or make me understand their side. Yes. I should tell him. He sat on the chair in front of my desk and was waiting for me to open up. I took a deep breath and started.

"Do you remember my sudden trip to Hyderabad?", I asked he nodded his head. I continued, "I got married that day. Suddenly. I didn't know anything except her name by the time I got tied. I don't want to marry and even thought of divorcing her as soon as possible. But then Bunny asked me to wait for one month. This month we stayed together in my house. Two days ago she learned the truth and now she doesn't accept to divorce me."

Shivam listened to me intensely and said, "Then you try to change yourself. Give this marriage a chance. She is the same girl we saw in the meeting today right?". I nodded. "What's your problem? I don't get it.", saying this he lifted his hands in the air.

"I can't tell you the reason, Shivam. But I don't want her to stay with me with my past always hanging in the cracked door of my mind."

"Don't tell me. Tell her. Women don't fear darkness, Arun. She will show you a way out for sure."

"You don't understand. Why is everyone adamant about pestering me to stay in this relationship? First Bunny and Ridhima and now you.", I spoke in my irritated voice and banged on the table with my fists.

"Because we all want what is best for you and nothing less."

"I'm nothing to even dream for best. You know she is a goddess. She spreads joy and love anywhere she goes. Seeing her on a tired evening makes your day worth it. Listening to her early morning makes your day the best. She lived her life on her terms and did what made her happy. I can't take away all of it. I can't burden myself on her. I'm nothing in front of her. I'm lifeless.", by the end my vulnerable side started peeking out. I tried all my life not to show this to anyone. A few drops gathered in my eyes and were fighting to come out.

After one minute Shivam came near me and placed his head on my shoulder. I looked up and saw he was smiling at me. I'm feeling so lost and here he is smiling. Just wow.

"You are the most humble and sincere person I have ever seen. All you need is some time. Don't stress yourself too much. Go home. Eat and sleep. Whatever happens, will be for our best. Trust your fate. It never pushes in the wrong direction. Shut your brain for a few hours. Relax."

After saying this he started leaving my cabin. When he was at the entrance, he turned back and said, "No matter how much you try you cannot hide the fact that you are falling for her. Or you wouldn't say 'I love her too much to see her sad' in the meeting."

Did I say that? I recalled whatever happened in the meeting and felt more than shocked over the things I said there.

As Shivam said, I took a day off and went to my home. I didn't see Aarthi. She must be in her office. I cooked and ate and tried to sleep but all I see is her face in front of me. Aarthi came back and I thought she would be normal with me like she said. But she is silent. She did not wish me anything and shifted everything back to her room.

I wanted this but why is it not settling well with me? I have been observing her for the past 4 days, she is not herself. She is looking so lost. To add more, my nightmares are back. I'm happy that they don't show up when Aarthi is with me.

Today is Saturday. After her office, she came back, and after changing her dress, she sat on the balcony. I went and sat near her. She felt my presence. She was about to get up and go inside.

I immediately said, "What happened Aarthi?"

She was silent for a few moments and turned toward me and I could see tears stored in her eyes. I feel bad for her and myself. She sat and asked without looking at me, " Will you answer my questions?"

"Yes", I said almost immediately.

"I know you didn't know you were getting married until you reached the register office. But by any chance, did you feel that I married you for your money?", she asked looking down, and then it struck me that she now knew the truth about me.

"No no. I never felt that. I'm sorry I didn't tell you the truth. I thought you knew in the beginning but then later I thought there was no use in telling you. That's it.", I said and held her hand. "I never doubted you. Not even for a second."

She smiled looking at me and her smile after 5 days felt like me having water after being thirsty for 5 days. We are looking at each other. She was about to say something by the ringing sound of the doorbell disturbed us and we went to the door who was it? We opened the door and saw our community president there.

"Hello, beta.", he greeted both me and Aarthi.

"Hi, uncle.", Aarthi greeted him back and I just nodded with a smile.

"I was just passing by and thought to remind you that the community gathering is tomorrow. You are coming, right?", he asked us. I was about to say no to him.

But Aarthi said, "Of course uncle. We will be there. Tomorrow at 6 p.m. right?"

"Yes. Ok, beta. I've to go. Bye"

"Bye uncle.", we both said to gather.

We are having dinner after some time as she is again behaving normally with me. Not so normal but a little normal. She will be back to normal by tomorrow. We greeted each other good night and went to our respective rooms.

But the thing is I don't want her and here I am feeling restless when she is not behaving normally with me. I'm feeling useless for not controlling my feelings.

Is it true that I'm falling for her? Is Shivam telling the truth? Maybe yes. Yes. I am falling for her.No. Actually, I've fallen for her already.

But I don't want it. I need to close Aarthi's chapter in my life ASAP. Tomorrow after the community gathering, I will tell her the truth. I will.

POV ends.

'I know Arun doesn't see me as some gold digger but there is a glimpse of doubt in my mind and now it is clear. These 4 days felt so horrible. I tried avoiding him and overworked myself. I feel so exhausted now. I must sleep well. I want to enjoy myself in tomorrow's community gathering.'

Thinking about this she slept with a smile on her lips.