THE NGO

This chapter is dedicated to the sweetest sister in the world. SORRY...

Aarthi's POV

I'm very excited to go to Arun's childhood home. Though it is an orphanage it is still his home. I always wonder how they made everything work well.

And today I took a leave from my office as I need to attend an important meeting related to my NGO. From my marriage, I couldn't give enough time to it but thank god Pallavi is taking good care of it. Today she wants me to meet a few people who are interested in funding the activities of our NGO. They just want to know how things are done. And Pallavi prepared a PowerPoint presentation to explain everything to them.

After entering the room where the meeting was arranged I saw two men in their mid-70s and a man in his late 30s. They greeted us and soon I got to know that the two old uncles are business partners and they don't have families as they never married. Now after all these years of earning, they thought that the meaning of life exists in giving. And now they wanted to write a few crores of rupees they have earned all their lives to our NGO. Pallavi soon started the presentation.

"So the whole team in MAA works for the welfare of people in need. It started only 6 years ago but the only thing it concentrates on is how far we can lend our helping hand. Women and children who are generally in areas of interest are our motto. The person sitting here believes that if a woman is independent she can make today better and if a child is treated well she builds even better tomorrow. She started this organization just to help 6 children she found on the street of Mumbai when she visited to take an exam. With the little pocket money she had she did all the paperwork and registration work related to govt. and gave a shape to this MAA."

I don't know what the hell she is saying about me in the presentation of our NGO. Though it is me who started this, it was always the rapport we have with each other and every volunteer, that made this a bigger thing. But I didn't want to disturb her and I saw the old men listening to her very keenly, I thought to keep shut.

"From day one I've known her and the time when she is not working in her office she works for this. Every single rupee she earns from doing a full-time job, she spends on the principle she believes in. For that, she still asks her parents for pocket money for her daily needs."

Everyone chuckled listening to that. I got a little embarrassed by the end. She said all the ways we help people in need. Soon one old man took her glasses and wiped his teary eyes. And I smiled looking at him.

"The thing we realized now you realized at a very young age. I just wish this thing works the same way.", he said with teary eyes.

Before I could say anything the other man started, "The very important emotion in this world is EMPATHY. And you my dear, is an epitome of that. For the first time in my life, I regret not getting married or else I would have had a daughter just like you." He patted my head and I got all teary all of a sudden.

The two men whose names are Mr. Gaurav Khan and Mr. Kabir Kapoor made the other man who was their lawyer write a will.

The will stated like this :

The whole shares of the KK company are distributed among all the employees equally from the CEO to the watchman. This will continue till the end of time and no one questions it. A responsible CEO will be elected by the board every year. This circulates. The net worth of Mr.Khan and Mr.Kapoor will be given to MAA NGO for its activities whenever they need it.

The house now both friends are living in is written in the name of Ms.Aarthi and no one questions how she uses it. Also, Ms.Aarthi is now a board member of KK company.

Both the friends signed This and gave it to me to read it.

My eyes widened when I saw the last lines of the will.