THE Home

Aarthi's POV

He started driving. Even though it is midnight, the city is full of lights and traffic. I visited Mumbai many times I couldn't concentrate on how it was. Now I started to look out the window. One thing is sure. This city never sleeps. I am excited about my life ahead here, about our home, about our relationship and all. After one hour I could not stop my excitement.

"How much time will it take for us to reach?", I asked out of curiosity.

"We must be there in about 20 min.", He is still calm.

Man... He drove for an almost entire day. He is still calm. I could have kept an irritated expression at least. Maybe he doesn't want to upset me. 

"Okay.", I nodded my head again and started staring out the window. Soon we reached a gated community. He went out of the car and spoke to the watchmen. I couldn't hear a bit. He came back.

"What happened?", I asked.

"Nothing.", He just moved his head.

We went inside and parked on the -2 floor. Then he started unloading the luggage. There were almost three big suitcases and a steel cane. I helped him. He didn't stop me by saying cliche dialogue 'NO. DON'T STRAIN YOURSELF. I'M HERE AND I'LL TAKE CARE OF IT.' I don't know why boys feel they need to make feel girls around by not allowing them to do certain things. I just don't get it. Boss, we can do our things.

We walked towards the elevator and I'm the first to enter it with a bag and the cane. He came with the other two bags. I'm looking at him as I don't know the floor number to press. He looked at me and then pressed the number 13. So, our home is on the 13th floor. Both of us were silent and the lift stopped at our destination. We came out and walked like 50 meters and there is a flat with the number 301. I couldn't see how the community is but the floor looks clean and modern. Flats also have fingerprint sensors, card acceptors, and many more. He entered a pin and the door opened. I couldn't see what the pin is.

We went inside with our luggage. WOWWWWWW... It's so clean and modern. Spacious too. Not singing luxury but is more than enough for a family. I am looking around.

"Well. There are two bedrooms. You can use the second one.", he said pointing towards a room.

I nodded and he continued, "It's almost 1:30. Take some rest. We will talk tomorrow."

"Yeah. Sure.", I said and started taking luggage towards the room. He came and helped me. I started taking a few necessary things from my bags as he left the room.

Arun's POV :

She is a good driver for sure. As soon as we reached our community I stepped out of the car and informed the watchmen that another person is going to stay with me. We have this rule to inform the president of our community, Mr. Sharma uncle about every new member that adds to us. As it is midnight I informed the guards and they will inform the uncle in the morning. While I started to unload the luggage she came and started to unload the bags. She is not a person who enjoys others' hard work. I think girls are capable enough to do their work and they should not show the 'I'm a girl so I shouldn't do this ' attitude. But she is not that type.

'So boss, you are being opinionated now.', my conscience again mocked me.

'Why can't I be?'

'Because you never were as you think judging others is a waste of your time.'

'Okay. Now shut up.'

"Good night Arun", I came out of my thoughts by her words.

"Huh?"

"I said Good night.", she said again with a wide smile.

"Good night.", I said and came into my room. She spoke my name for the first time and it sounded sweet.

I changed and tried to sleep but then I realized sleep will be the last thing on this earth I can get. I still tried to close my eyes but all the past images flashed in my eyes. After some time I started to think of her. A smile appeared on my face and I slept for a while but my past is too tough to forget. I could only sleep for two hours. I feel frustrated and went inside the shower to start my day at 4:00 A.M.

Aarthi's POV :

I changed and lay on the bed. I am thinking about everything that happened today. How my status changed from single to married. How I became Mrs.Arun Kumar from Ms.Aarthi. I smiled a bit but slept soon as I was very tired.