THE Heart-to-Heart

Author's POV :

"When did you come?", asked Aarthi while rubbing her eyes.

"Just now. And I'm sorry to keep you waiting. I had a lot of work so...".

"It's Ok. I understand. You need to cover up the leaves right?".

"Yeah. Thanks for understanding. Go to your room and sleep.", He was about to go but she held his hand.

"Did you eat?", She questioned.

"No. And I'm not hungry.", He said without even looking at her.

"But I'm hungry.", She said jumping from the couch.

She dragged him into the kitchen. She took out fruits and started cutting them.

"Fresh up and come. I need to talk about something important.", She said and he realized she said the same thing in the morning.

"Okay.", He said and got ready in 10 min.
He came out and saw her sitting in the cradle of their balcony. He went and sat on a stool near. She placed the plate with all kinds of fruit pieces and two forks. She started eating.

She wants to talk about many things but is a little nervous. He broke the silence by saying, "You wanted to talk about something."

She got out of the trance and said yes. She gathered all her courage and started speaking.

"Umm... Arun. I know it is all new for both of us. This marriage and all. We are practically nothing more than strangers. So..."

"So..."

"So... I want to talk about our future."

He got stiffened a little. He wants to tell her everything about his past and divorce her after a month. That's the only future he saw. But she is talking about their future together.

She continued, "I know it takes time and effort from both of us to make everything work. And I'm ready to give that to both of us. Let's be friends for now and take everything slow." She is looking for some expression on his face. But no. He is processing her words.

He is thinking of divorcing her and she wants to be his friend. He thought for a while and said, "I can understand. It's difficult for us both. I'm okay to be friends with you."

She smiled and squealed. He smiled seeing her. He is eating only banana pieces from the plate and Aarthi noticed it.

After a while, she continued, " Arun as I'm living here I have few conditions."

Arun is confused and is looking at her to listen more." I want to go halves in everything. I know you can earn well to handle all the expenses but I want to play my part enough. at least till this house becomes our home.", She said looking around.

She is surely something different. A very independent girl with enough self-respect. She is ready to surrender herself but only when both of them are truly together. Arun liked her views and a smile appeared on his face.

"Okay. As you wish. But I have a condition too."

"Yes. Tell me.", She said putting an apple piece in her mouth.

"If you face any problem. When I said any it means ANY. You will tell me first without any hesitation.", He said out of concern.

"Deal.", She said forwarding her hand. He took her hand and shook it.

"So, let's sleep?," He asked getting up and taking the plate from the stool.

"I'll take it.", Aarthi said while taking the plate from his hands.