THE Journey

Arun's POV :

I'm a person who loves silence. I like fewer words. I like less noise. Even in my office, I talk less so people believe I'm arrogant. Trust me I hate long talks.

But now I want her to talk. She is silent right from when we left the dhaba.

'God. It's just been five minutes.'

'But she has to start na.'

'You can start right.'

'How can I? I've never done it before.'

'Oh. Come on. You are a bloody businessman. You know how to talk. You've done deals from many parts of the world. Can't you just start a conversation with a girl?'

'They are different. BTW she is not any random girl. She is my wife.'

'Offooooo. Wife and all haan.'

'Shut up.'

"Did you apply for a leave today?", I came out of my thoughts by her words.

"What?", I asked. Why will I apply for leave? I can take it whenever I want.

"I mean it's a working day so you took a leave today."
I wanted to clear her confusion by telling her that I am the owner of the company but she continued.

"My dad told me you work in TAK companies. Your profile on the matrimony site tells that. What's your role?"

Works in my own company? Profile in the matrimonial site? Role? Surely, it's Bunny's work. I'll not leave him. But now I must say something.

"I work as a manager."

"That's a great position. I mean I've heard about software. It's booming. Manager for a good company like that is not an easy task. You must've really worked hard."

"Yeah. That I did.", I smiled. (wholeheartedly)
Many people praised me many times on many occasions. I never felt like this. But she just told me I'd worked hard is like a lifetime achievement.

"Where do you work? I mean I don't really know about your profession.", I said hesitantly. I know her work but want to hear from her.

"I work in the embassy. Hyderabad office. But now I changed it to the Mumbai office. As I've taken 4 days' leave I'll join after three days in the new office.", She sure loves her work. Her eyes were shining all the while.

"Nice."

"Let's listen to some music.", She said while turning on the music player.

Songs started. She started humming. Hers is not a perfect playback voice but is good enough. She is humming all the songs. Hell, how did she remember all of them? For the first time, I'm listening to the songs and even their lyrics without any tension from the world. Our journey is going smoothly.

After 3 hours, it's almost 8 P.M.

POV ends

Aarthi's POV

He's been driving since the afternoon. He must be tired. I'll ask him to let me drive.

Hesitatingly I asked, "Uhmm... Should I drive?"

He must be thinking something so he didn't understand what I was saying. But he came out of the trance and asked, "What?".

"I mean you've been driving for almost 7 hours. You must be tired. so, I can drive. You can rest a little."

"You sure?", he asked. I'm wondering if he asked me about my driving skills.

"Of course, I can drive. I have my license also if you want.", I said.

"No. I'm not questioning your ability. I'm asking if you know the route or not?", He said with a half smile. He's cute. At least not judging my ability because I'm a girl. Thank God.

"That I'm not sure.", I shrugged. 

"Ok. We are going to enter the highway in 10 minutes. from there, you can drive."

"Okay.", I had a wide smile.

Soon high way came. We exchanged our seats and I started driving. I like his car. He is glimpsing me now and then which I noticed. I drove for almost three and a half hours and at night 11:30 P.M., we entered Mumbai city. He said he would drive as I don't know the route to the house. I mean our HOME.