Alpha - The Riddle - Chapter 7

Sora's POV

I cheerfully sat at the dining table for breakfast with my mother and Jungkook after I got ready in the morning. Jungkook was too busy typing on his phone, leaving his cold food unattended on his plate as I quietly ate my meal when my mother suddenly placed her newspaper down to frown at me from across the table. Five minutes. It only took her five minutes to spot yet another mistake I made just by chewing my food.

"What are you wearing?" Eomma questioned with her eyebrow raised. I looked up from my plate to find her uptight gaze fixed on my wrist, so I averted my eyes to the golden bracelet.

"It's a gift from a friend," I shrugged, poking my food with an unbothered look.

"Jung Hoseok. Did you think I was oblivious?" Eomma asked. I stopped chewing and straightened my back before averting my empty gaze to her without blinking. Jungkook unsurely glanced at me when he noticed the tension in the dining room.

"Why bother asking if you already know?" I coldly replied. Eomma scoffed at my rudeness and folded her arms.

"How many times did I urge you to stop screwing around with a weak household? You shouldn't be entangled in a meaningless fling," My mother flared her nostrils in extreme spite. Jungkook nervously lifted his glass to sip the water as I calmly stared at my mother.

"Screwing? Isn't that a bit too harsh-"

"There are rumors about you sneaking off with the alpha into a dark room to do who knows what! A supreme alpha must uphold her grace and dignity-"

"Did Taehyung tell you that because he was definitely the only one there. I can't get intimate with a guy, but Taehyung can freely roam his hands in another woman's skirt? Isn't it a bit unfair, mother?" I scoffed while stirring my seaweed soup with a slight smirk. Jungkook sniggered at my words but immediately pretended to clear his throat when my mother darted him a sharp glare.

"Jung Hoseok is exploiting you," Eomma sighed, suddenly softening her voice.

"So are you," I nodded and got up from the table, causing eomma to scoff at me in disbelief. Everyone is exploiting my existence, and it sucks. I grabbed my bag from the couch and left with the guard to attend the university.

A moment later.

"Are you dating Jung Hoseok?" Minho asked, showing up out of nowhere to slump beside me on the couch as I sat in the alpha lounge with my legs crossed. We were the only ones in the room. I glanced at my wrist again and back at his curious gaze.

"Wae? Are you interested in me?" I asked, averting my eyes away from his stupid smile. Minho released a breathy chuckle and placed his arm over my shoulder, slightly drawing my body against his. I side-eye his arm with an annoyed look.

"I heard you like... dark rooms," Minho whispered, leaning his face against my ear. It's the rumor. It's spreading across the university like wildfire, and it's fucking irritating. Minho's face was so close to my cheek I could feel his humid breath brushing against my face. I smiled and turned to stare him in the eyes as I raised my hand to place it over his.

"You heard the rumors?" I asked, tilting my head to smile at his tempted gaze as I softly grazed my finger over his. Minho bit his lips and glanced down at my lips with a slight smirk.

"I can find a room for us," He suggested while maintaining intense eye contact with me. I softly giggled, lowered my face, and shook my head.

"I know a dark place for us," I smiled, seductively lifting my gaze to meet his again. Minho slightly pressed his tongue against his inner cheek at my flirty response.