Alpha - Love Greed - Chapter 50

Third Person POV

The clamorous thunders of a midnight storm drummed heavily over the dark city with its icy downpour, chilling the residents with the mild wind's gusts until a flicker of electrifying lightning illuminated the dense clouds with its blinding forked beam, pursued by another deafening rumble... relentlessly tearing the sky apart with its gloom.

Pitter Patter. Pitter Patter. Pitter Patter.

The freezing cold droplet pounded the glass wall with its frosty pallets as an alpha lay asleep on the mattress with a blanket loosely draped over his shirtless torso. He grunted, softly murmuring in his sleep as his active mind hypnotized him with the false delusion of his wearied mind. The man groaned- suddenly jerking awake with swelling sweat beads over his forehead as the infant's unceasing cries rang in his ears.

"Ugh..." Kim Taehyung grunted, sitting up on the bed with a dazed mind. He drew his shirt over his wild hair with his eyes half open and finally got up to hover over the crate. Kanghoon... quavered in distress until the child's face turned bloody red.

"Are you hungry...?" Taehyung whispered, groggily picking up the baby from the crate, held the bundle against his chest, and stepped out of his bedroom so he wouldn't wake his sleeping brother. The alpha strolled towards the couch and sat down before placing the child on his lap, carefully leaning over to brew a baby formula with one hand while clutching the baby in his other arm.

"Waaaah~!" Kanghoon rubbed his runny nose with a wimpy pout. Thump. Thump. Taehyung gently drummed his legs to soothe the child as he shook the baby bottle with one hand to mix up the formula and finally pushed the pacifier into the child's lips. The little boy immediately grew hushed and sucked on the milk. Taehyung took a deep exhale and leaned back against the couch with his eyes closed.

"Why are you always hungry? You sure got your mother's appetite," He muttered, sleepily glancing at the rainstorm in exhaustion to watch the violent raindrop

"Why are you always hungry? You sure got your mother's appetite," He muttered, sleepily glancing at the rainstorm in exhaustion to watch the violent raindrop... washing against the exterior glass with its dampness.

The child only had a few sips of the baby formula until he screwed his face in discomfort and suddenly pushed the bottle away to reject the odd taste. It didn't taste like his mother's breast milk. Taehyung sighed, placed the bottle on the coffee table, and turned Kanghoon around to study the tear streaks on the child's cheeks.