Alpha - Souls Ascension - Chapter 60

Sora's POV

I dimly sat on the bed edge in a maroon pleated long-sleeved dress while rubbing my bulging baby bump as Taehyung strolled out of the closet room in his formal attire. The man brushed back his slick black hair with a comb and tilted his head before the mirror to inspect his freshly shaved chin. How does he always look so effortlessly charming? It's unfair. A man ages like fine wine the older they get! And the women?!- Look at me! My beauty is deteriorating the older I get! Sighing, I lowered my eyes to his fitted button-up shirt... tucked neatly beneath the waistline of his trousers... securely clasped with a leather belt to show off his perfect body proportion.

"Where is your chapstick?" Taehyung asked while opening my drawers and searched my makeup bag for the mini tube before looking up at me in confusion.

"Here," I muttered, digging inside my dress's pocket and handed it to him. He took the cylinder tube from my hand to rub the chapstick over his lips before placing it back inside my purse as I quietly observed his dashing visual.

"Why the long face? Do you feel unwell?" Taehyung unsurely questioned my grumpiness. He straightened his back with a slight frown while cuffing his sleeves. I blinked at the man and glanced down at my massive belly. Why is our daughter so heavy?

"I don't want to attend the event," I grumbled. Taehyung frowned, so I lowered my head with a slight pout. I keep getting crazy mood swings... and these past few days... I've been feeling under the weather.

"Why?" He asked, suddenly crouching down to catch my eyes.

"I look like a balloon," I muttered, grumpily hugging my baby bump. Taehyung chuckled at my blunt statement, gently taking my hand in his to assure me, but I didn't look at him and exhaled deeply. I don't wish to walk around looking like this. My back aches so much, and I feel so ill- even a slight inconvenience will stir the spoiled unrest within me.