BONUS CHAPTER - PART 1

An Alternative Universe | One Shot - Part One

Sora's POV

Flick. Flick. Flick. Flick.

The blinding camera flashes flickered relentlessly before my face until I could no longer see the packed audience, desperately fighting to keep my eyes open. I repeatedly blinked at the blinding camera gleams below the platform while standing on stage in my uncomfortable formal gown beside my prideful parents as they greeted the unfamiliar faces in the crowd.

Why is everyone staring at me so intensely? Men and women of all ages are gawking in such a creepy way. They weren't smiling. Rather. They were eyeing me up and down as if I were an unknown creature from outer space. I cleared my throat uneasily while rubbing my bare shoulders as the cold chills of the room numbed my skin. I feel uncomfortable. I kept my head lowered as my mother proudly held my waist before the powerful households. It's been almost a decade since I last saw the outside world... so I was genuinely excited to finally interact with everyone... but it appears... no one is enthusiastic to witness my exposure.

Loud Applause.

I stiffly bowed at the crowd once my father concluded his speech, strolled off the stage before my parents to avoid the blinding spotlight, and strode into the packed crowd without lifting my head as everyone turned their heads after me. This is not the environment I anticipated when my parents claimed I'd be exposed to the society after imprisoning me behind their mansion walls~! People are scary! And I want to return home!

Thud! I shoved the door open with a slight grimace, quickly hurrying away from the crowded venue to search for the bathroom in the corridor. I need to adjust my dress! Something is pricking my back nonstop~! Sighing heavily, I entered the empty restroom to stand before the mirror, twisting and turning my body cluelessly to search for the annoying prick over my back... but I couldn't locate any abnormalities. What's pricking me?! It's stinging so much!

"What's the matter with this dress...?" I softly whined while reaching behind my back to tug the fitted fabric- but the jabbing sensation wouldn't cease no matter how desperately I searched for the source of discomfort, so I exhaled in defeat and stormed out of the bathroom... until I noticed a young man tugging on his tie with an uptight frown. He pulled the knot repeatedly, appearing to be struggling with it. He huffed in annoyance and looked up from the door leading to the men's bathroom, abruptly freezing in place once he spotted me in the corridor.

For some reason, he didn't budge and stared right at me with an awkward look.

"Do you need help with your tie? Is it suffocating...?" I asked, slowly approaching him. The man stiffened with his oddly sparkly gaze on mine. He looks young. He's probably younger than me.

"Uh- No- I'm fine-" He replied but paused when I lifted my hand to touch the entangled knot. The man blinked, uneasily glancing down at his tie in embarrassment as I examined the mess with a weak smile. Did he mess it up? How can a man not know how to fix his own tie? Well- He seems young, so he's probably an amateur.

 Did he mess it up? How can a man not know how to fix his own tie? Well- He seems young, so he's probably an amateur