Alpha - Adult Love - Chapter 6

Sora's POV

Hoseok stood sternly with his narrowed eyes trained on Kim Taehyung's expressionless face. What's his motive behind this behavior? I'm unsure of how I should react. Sora, you have to be extremely cautious.

"Haha! You're so funny!" I shrieked, suddenly bursting into loud laughter, causing both Hoseok and Taehyung to glance at my unexpected reaction.

"M-Moh?" Hoseok unsurely asked when I wouldn't stop chuckling.

"Taehyung loves to mess around with people! He might seem unapproachable, but he's a rather witty guy~!" I giggled, lightly smacking Taehyung's chest.

"What are you-"

"I'll see you at home! Let's go~!" I turned to smile at Hoseok when Taehyung repeatedly blinked at my questionable response to his threat. I grabbed Hoseok's arm and tugged him out of the lecture hall.

"Are you sure he was joking? He didn't look like he was-"

"He always scares away my boyfriends! It's his instinct to protect me since we're a family," I denied and shook my head to reassure Hoseok. He didn't look convinced but nodded at me with a weak smile. We pursed our lips again before glancing down at our interlaced fingers.

"So... about us..." Hoseok gripped my hand and lifted up our hands with a smug smile.

"Can you give me time to think about it?" I asked. I want to think this through to avoid making a hasty decision. Hoseok darted me a puzzled expression and dropped our hands but didn't let go of me.

"Think about it? I thought we both-"

"It's not like that! I like you! But I need a little time to sort things out with my household first! I don't want our dating news to startle my parents, and I'm sure it's the same for you," I smiled. Hoseok chuckled softly with a bright smile and nodded in agreement.

"Araso. Let's take it slow then," Hoseok agreed, suddenly pulling me into a crushing hug. I patted his back happily before pulling away to examine his cute eye-smile.

Well. Hoseok and I became more than friends after that day, but we were still in the 'no-label' zone because I wanted to get to know him first. It's weird for me to jump into a relationship with him... especially not after his best friend rejected me. We might've had an unforgettable moment together when we were drunk in his closet... but it doesn't indicate I should rashly accept his confession either.

"Ah!" I shrieked, jerking against my seat when Hoseok playfully tickled my waist. I smacked his chest in shock, so he gently grabbed my hands to stop me from resisting him.

"Are you guys dating?" Mira dawdled from her desk before us with a slight frown.

"Of course not! Stop touching her!" Jungkook snapped, throwing a crumpled paper at Hoseok from the desk behind us. Hoseok scoffed at Jungkook's interference before glancing back at me with a keen smile.

"Should we date?" Hoseok suggested as Mira and Jungkook watched us with disgusted expressions.

"Maybe...?" I chuckled until our faces turned rosy red. Hoseok bit his lips and leaned forward to shorten the gap between our faces when Jungkook suddenly shot up from his seat to clasp his hands over our faces, hastily shoving us apart.

"Yah! Stop being so shameless! I will tell your mother!" Jungkook threatened. I scoffed in disbelief at his rude intervention after almost losing my balance on the chair.

"You're the shameless jerk!" I snapped at Jungkook. He fired me a sharp glare and hastily sat back down to cross his arms over his chest.

"Is it true? I heard he took Minah onto your bed on the day you returned?" Mira questioned, leaning over my desk with an excited smile while eyeing Jungkook's annoyed frown.