Chapter 29

Mia's P.O.V.

"Lads! We need to tell you all something!" Niall announced.

"What's so important that you must tell us at three in the morning?" Zayn rubbed his eyes.

"The detective called and their going to lock Blake up...." I trailed off, feeling pride wash over me.

"Really?" The yelled in unison. "That's amazing!"

"Why the sudden change in mind?" Liam asked.

I shrugged. "He said he went down there, and saw him-uh, hurting Susan, my adoptive mom." I explained, not really wanting to talk about it.

"What's going on in here?" Paul came into the room.

"They're locking him up for good." I beamed.

"That's great, Mia." Paul stood in the door way with a smile from ear to ear plastered on his face. I smiled back. "How about we go out to celebrate? My treat."

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking from boy to boy.

"How about Victoria & Albert's restaurant?" Zayn said, reading all of this off of his phone.

"Sure! I heard that place is really nice and fancy." Harry agreed.

...

As we finally got to the restaurant, I couldn't help but stare, it was marvelous-absolutely beautiful.

"FOOD!!!" Niall rushed past everyone and into the front doors. We found our table in a matter of seconds. It was in the very back in a corner, behind a curtain so the boys wouldn't be seen by a bunch of fan-girls.

"Mia?" Paul asked. "Can I speak with you outside for a second?" I nodded, getting up and leaving the restaurant.

"Mia....I need to tell you something...." Paul trailed off, looking around nervously.

"What is it?" I asked. He still looks uncomfortable for a second. "You can tell me."

"I-I....I'm your....brother."

Just staring at him, not knowing what to do or how to react. I felt numb within my entire body-I honestly didn't know how to feel. Paul, my brother?

"B-But....how....no....it's not possible....you can't be....why....how could you?" I fumbled my words, a billion thoughts raced through my mind.

"Mia! I truly am sorry! I just didn-" I didn't hear what else he had to say, I didn't-couldn't stick around for this much any longer, I just had to get out of there-and fast. Racing to an unknown land, which I soon found it to be a little park just on the outskirts of town. I caught the glimpse of a little tree swing hanging. I decided to go sit on it-seeming as there were no kids here, so I wouldn't be of any bother.

I don't see how it's possible, Paul, my brother? That's not even possible, there's no way-I would have rem....well maybe not, I was only three when he left. Did he know we were related when I came into the picture? If so....why would he chose NOW to tell me? Another thing I want to know is why he didn't write, call, or even come and visit me?

I sighed; it was starting to get frosty out here by now. I shivered hugging my sweater closer to my body, but it wasn't enough to stop the wind from blowing, or the owls from hooting. It honestly never seemed like enough-time kept going, we had no way of stopping it or more importantly turning it back around. This is the life we were given, the time is what we deserve-we don't deserve any more or any less.

Niall's P.O.V.

"Tell Mia it's time to go." I told Paul as he came back from outside a few minutes later, him and Mia had to talk about something-I don't know what, but I was bound to find out sooner or later.