Chapter 5

I quickly shuffled to answer it.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Get your filthy self-back here right!" Susan yelled through the phone.

"Give me the phone!" I heard Blake scream and what sounded like pushing her over and glass breaking.

I cringed.

"Mia you better get back here right now!" He yelled.

"N-no." I stuttered.

"What did you say?!" He asked.

"No!" I said more confidently this time.

"Tell me where you are!" He yelled.

I carefully hung up, so he wouldn't hear me shuffling to hang up the phone as quickly as I could. I wasn't about to tell him where I was.

I sighed just as the waitress came over and handed me my potato.

"How much is it?" I asked, as I noticed everyone was looking at me and whispering.

"It's on the house." She gave me a sympathy smile.

"Thank you so much." I smiled a genuine smile back at her.

She walked off to the next customer. I wasn't about to turn down a free meal, seeming as I only had enough money to last me a couple days.

I finished up every last crumb that was left from my potato. I slowly got up from my stool.

"Excuse me? But do you know where I could find a motel?" I asked the waitress.

She looked taken back for some reason. But she quickly recovered.

"Yes, there's one just down the road. About two miles from here." She answered.

I turned around and got about an inch to the door, when I heard:

"You're really polite and sweet." I turned around to see the waitress looking at me.

"Thank you." I looked down and turned to leave.

I got out in the parking lot of the old little café. I started my travel up the road to the motel.

It was about an hour into my journey when it started getting dark, and I started hearing howling.

I suddenly felt frightened.

But I kept walking and about a minute later I heard shuffling in the bushes beside me.

Now I was really spooked.

"H-hello?" I asked.

Nothing.

"Hello?" I tried again.

Nothing.

"Whoever you are come out now!" I screamed at the bushes.

More shuffling, but no response.

"Please come out!" I started to feel a slight breeze run down my spine and warm fresh tears well up in my eyes.

More shuffling, but still no response.

"Whoever you are come out where I can see you!" I yelled.

The shuffling suddenly stopped.

I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding.

But then it started again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who do you think it is?!

Tell me what you guys think

Vote,Comment,Etc.