•22• Questions of Justice

(Sarah's P.O.V)
--------------

"I don't remember!" I yelled as the officers interrogated me about what happened. "Someone did this to you and you know who did it, ma'am if you just give us a name or description." The female officer said calmly to me.

I gulped and sighed. "It was Jason..." I whispered looking down. I saw the male officer tense and he came forward.

"Everyone out." He said in a husky voice. Soon no one was in the room except me and the man. "So do you wanna tell me what happened?" He asked licking his lips and staring me down.

"No... " I whispered biting my bottom lip. "Well how about this I tell you something about me and we go back and forth." He chuckled smiling slightly.

"Okay." I agreed and looked at him. "Well my name is Daniel." He stated.

"My name's Sarah." I blushed and shuffled my feet. "I'm thirty-six." He said causing me to gasp. "You're lying?" I whispered looking him up and down.

"Nope I'm old I know." Daniel laughed smiling widely. I giggled and pushed some of my hair out of my face.

"You're a really funny person." I smiled looking in his eyes.

It was like a book or movie because our eyes locked and everything went silent. My breathing hitched as he inched closer. "Tell me... who did this." He whispered.

"Jason McCann... he's here just with black hair and blue eyes."

And just like that he was up and rushing out of the room.

****
(Jason's P.O.V)
--------------

"This is the worst mistake you've ever made!" I barked at Sarah as they dragged me out of the hospital.

"You're gonna die!" I screamed throwing my head toward the door. I could feel my body shaking with anger as I saw her being comforted by a male police officer, sulking in his chest while he had his arms wrapped around her.

"Stupid fucking bitch!" I hollered as they shoved me into the back of the police car.

As soon as I was seated, it was as if my whole body shut down.

"How could she..." I whispered as tears slowly began streaming down my face. I gave her everything I don't understand. I know I wasn't the best boyfriend but I cared for her and she sold me out.

All I can think about is how it all happened.

{FlashBack}

I walked down the hallway to go back to Sarah's room. As I stopped outside her door I heard voices.

"You're a really funny person." Sarah spoke and she sounded genuinely happy. "Tell me... who did this." A male voice whispered causing me to raise an eyebrow.

My heart dreaded for what would come next, and just as I thought it was the words that'll end me if i didn't get out of there quick enough.