Chapter 02|New friends?

The bell rang. That meant another break alone for Heather and another break spent in the dirty restroom.

Heather packed her things and waited for Billy. Heather turned in the report to Mr. Brown.

"Thank you Mrs. McCoy and Mr. Loomis. You are good partners, you should work together more often," Mr. Brown said with a wink to Heather. Heather was disgusted, but paste a fake smile on her face.

"Yeah, whatever," Heather muttered as she walked out of the classroom. Heather put her bag securely around her shoulder and walked toward the restrooms.

"Hey, hey. Where are you going?" Billy asked as he grabbed Heather by her upper arm. "To the restroom. That's where I always take my break," Heather told him. Billy shook his head.

"Come sit with me and my friends. They probably won't mind," suggested Billy. "Are you sure? I mean I don't want to be a burden," said Heather. "No, and besides they are obsessed with you," told Billy.

Heather smiled.

"Then I'll join you and your friends," said Heather as she walked with Billy. Billy looked down at the smaller girl with a smile.

Heather felt the warm sun burn on her skin as soon as she walked outside. She felt stares burning in her back. She turned her head with a jerk. She saw Joey with his group of friends sending daggers into the back of Billy's head.

Heather turned uncomfortably and walked closer to Billy. Billy noticed and turned his head to Joey. Joey quickly looked down at his feet.

"Ugh, that dick is not going to do anything. You're at school. You're safe," Billy reassured her. Heather nodded and kept walking beside him until they came to a fountain that had four people sitting on it. Two girls and two boys.

"Am I dreaming or do I see Heather McCoy walking in our direction with Billy?" Randy asked his friends open-mouthed. "You are not dreaming. This is heaven," said Stu laughing as soon as he saw Heather.

"Guys, be nice. You probably already know her. Heather McCoy. That's Tatum, Stu, Sidney and Randy," Billy introduced his friends. Heather waved awkwardly at them with a smile. "She kind of saved my ass during chemistry."

"Hi, I'm Randy," Randy stuttered nervously at the McCoy girl, "I know. Billy just introduced you," said Heather with a smile as she sat down between Tatum and Randy. "Yeah," muttered Randy with a red face.

He couldn't believe that the girl he had a crush on for years was sitting next to him and talking to him.

"What the hell did you do that Billy is taking you to us?" Stu asks dreamily as he looks at Heather. "We were both looking for an partner for chemistry and I offered to go with him," Heather told him as she took a bite of her banana.

"He never brings girls here. That can only mean one thing," Tatum said teasingly. "Hey, shut up," snapped Billy at the blonde girl. Tatum held her hands up in the air for surrender.

"I never see you, Heather. Where are you on break?" Sidney asked. Heather stopped chewing. She nervously swallowed the piece of banana.

"Uhm....I was always in the restroom eating my lunch. I had no one to sit with," admitted Heather.

"I thought you were best friends with Lynn Tinker," said Sidney frowning. "Was. Until she spread a lie and I found out she is a backstabbing snake," Heather told her as she stared at her shoes.

Sidney wanted to ask something again, but Tatum kicked her leg. Sidney looked hurt at Tatum. Tatum shook her head of no that Sidney shouldn't continue asking.

"Wait, you're on the cheerleading squad, right?" Tatum asks Heather to change the subject. "Yes, team captain. That's also why Lynn is angry. But yes that is in the past," answered Heather.

Heather got up and walked to the trash can to throw away her banana.

"I told you she's sweet, didn't I? She has a heart of gold, I'm sure," Tatum told her friends. "A heart of gold and hot," said Stu laughing. Tatum rolled her eyes and slapped her boyfriend on the shoulder.

"You only look at the body and face, don't you?" asked Randy. "No. I also go for the personality, look at Tatum," said Stu teasingly. "Thank you. Hey," yelled Tatum as soon as she realized the joke. Stu laughed and grabbed his girlfriend in his arms.

The bell sounded. Heather walked back to grab her backpack.

"Thank you for letting me sit with you," Heather said with a smile as she slung her backpack around her shoulder. "We'll see you around?" asked Tatum. Heather smiled and nodded. "Yeah, sounds fun," said Heather.

Heather turned and walked toward the locker rooms. She now had cheerleading class.

Heather walked into the locker room and immediately saw the last face she wanted to see today.

Lynn Tinker.

"I saw you with Billy Loomis. Have you already found a new victim you can cheat on?" Lynn asked teasingly. Her friends laughed. Heather sighed and rolled her eyes. She was used to this by now, but it still hurt her.

"Very funny Lynn. But you're the one who ran off with my boyfriend," Heather fired back as she took off her shirt. The entire locker room fell silent, watching the two girls scold at each other.

"Says the one who is a slut," stuttered Lynn. "That's not true. Because your motto is always: 'Boys always come to me because their girlfriends don't. I'll do anything they want. Sex, giving head, jerking off and more'. So basically that makes you a slut," Heather said calmly.

Lynn fell silent and looked angrily at the McCoy girl.

"That's what I thought."

●●