Chapter 10|Panic Room

Heather her outfit:

●●

●●

Heather looked at herself in the mirror.

She tought she looked disgusting. She applied foundation on her face as tears formed in her eyes.

Heather knew she had to stay strong. Last night had been hell, but she knew she had to stay strong.

For herself and Casey. 

Heather didn't want to be affected by a stupid killer. She had dressed extra special to show she could not be brought down. 

Heather had not taken breakfast. She hadn't been able to eat anything for days because of the accident, but she did take a bowl of grapes and a bottle of water. 

Heather walked downstairs and saw her father sitting on the couch. He had noticed her.

Great, that must have been the last person Heather wanted to talk to. 

"Not now dad," snapped Heather. "Honey, I just want to know how you are doing," said Patrick to his daughter. "That is the first time in years," said Heather as she rolled her eyes. "That's not true! I've always cared about you!" her father yelled. 

"Where the hell were you my whole childhood then?" Heather asked angrily. Patrick fell silent. "That's what I thought."

Heather grabbed her backpack and slung it over her shoulder. 

"Hey, Heather. Your essay!" her father yelled after. Heather groaned and grabbed it from her father's hands.

"Your essay is pretty good."

Heather rolled her eyes and slammed the door shut.

The entire walk to school Heather was nervous. She knew everyone would stare and whisper, but what she didn't expect were reporters. 

"Gale Weathers here. We are now face to face with one of the victims of the murder of Casey Becker and Steve Orth. Heather how does it feel that you survived?" Gale asked as she pushed the microphone into Heather's face.