Chapter 08|Scary Movie

Heather her outfit:

●●

Heather slammed her car door shut and walked to Casey's door. Heather regretted not putting on a coat.

Heather frowned when she only saw Steve's car. Joey must be late again.

"Heather, come on in. Steve is getting cold beer from the shed," said Casey as she let Heather in. "What scary movie do you want to watch tonight?" asked Heather. "Halloween?" asked Casey as she put a pan of popcorn on the stove. 

The phone rang. 

"I'll take it. Will you watch the popcorn?"

Heather nodded and sat down on the countertop.

"Hello?" asked Casey. "Hello," said an unfamiliar voice. "Yes?" asked Casey frowning. "Who is this?" asked the stranger. "Who are you trying to reach?" asked Casey. 

"Who is that?" Heather mouthed to Casey.

Casey shrugged.

"What number is this?" asked the stranger. "What number are you trying to reach?" asked Casey. "Don't know," answered the stranger. "I think you have the wrong number," said Casey. "Do I?" asked the stranger. 

"That happens. Take it easy," said Casey as she hung up the phone. "Who the hell was that?" asked Heather confused.

"Probably some jerk who wants to play a prank on us," answered Casey as she rolled her eyes. 

The phone rang again. Casey took it irritated. 

"Hello?" asked Casey. "I'm sorry I guessed I dialed the wrong numer," apologized the stranger. "So why'd you dial it again?" asked Casey with a frown

"To apologize," answered the stranger. "You're forgiven. Bye!" said Casey, as she wanted to hang up. "Wait! Don't hang up!" yelled the stranger.

"What?" asked Casey irritated. "I want to talk to you for a second," said the stranger. "They've got 900 other numbers for that, see ya," said Casey as she rolled her eyes and hang up.

The phone rang again.

"Ugh. Hello?" Casey asked irritated. "Why don't you want to talk to me?" asked the stranger. "Who is this?" asked Casey. "You tell me your name and I'll tell you mine," said the stranger.

"Nah, I don't think so," said Casey as she walked to the popcorn. "What is that sound?" asked the stranger curiously. "Popcorn," answered Casey as she fiddled with the popcorn.

"Are you making popcorn?" asked the stranger. "Uh-huh," answered Casey. "I only eat popcorn at the movies," said the stranger.

"Well, I'm getting ready to watch a video," said Casey as she walked through her house. Heather quickly followed her.

"Really? What?" asked the stranger. "Oh, just a scary movie," said Casey as she shrugged. "Do you like scary movies?" asked the stranger. "Uh, I don't know," answered Casey as she played with a knife.