Chapter 05|Date Night

Heather her outfit:

●●

●●

For the next several weeks, Heather became even closer with her new group of friends. Especially with Billy. The two did almost everything together.

The group of friends began to realize that the two had feelings for each other. And after those weeks, Billy finally had the balls to ask Heather out on a date. 

Heather had finally gathered an outfit together after two hours of searching. For the first time after breaking up with Joey, Heather was trying her best again to look good for a boy. 

"I don't want to be a grandmother, yet," said Betty as she leaned against the doorframe. "Jesus, Mom. It's only one date," scoffed Heather as she applied perfume. 

"Just kidding," Betty said as she stood behind her daughter. "You look beautiful."

Heather heard the doorbell ring. She rushed down stairs and opened the door. It was Billy in a white shirt.

"Hi," said Heather shyly. "Hi. You look beautiful," Billy complimented her. "Thanks. You too," said Heather with a red face.

Heather said goodbye to her parents and walked to Billy's car. He opened the door for her. 

"Thank you, sir," said Heather with a smile. Billy smiled back and walked to the driver's side. "Where are we going?"

''That's a surprise,'' Billy muttered. Heather nodded and stared out the window.

It was a beautiful summer evening. It was neither too hot or too cold. 

Billy parked at a forest after a twenty-minute drive. 

"I thought maybe we could go for a walk in the woods," Billy said nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. "I love that idea. It seems like you've known me for years," said Heather excitedly. 

The two talked about all sorts of things. About horror movies, about school, which kids they hated from school and what they love. All evening they had their eyes glued to each other. 

It was getting darker and darker and the two walked back to Billy his car. 

"I really enjoyed it," said Heather as she looked at their hands tangled together. "Yeah, me too," whispered Billy.

Heather smiled at his answer, but before she could open her mouth to say anything else, Billy pressed his lips to Heather's. 

Heather is shocked at first, but then kisses back. She leaned in a little more and ran her hand through his hair. The two pulled back from the kiss to breathe. 

"I like you Heather, I really like you," admitted Billy. "I really like you too, Billy," admitted Heather. "So....," Billy wondered. "Yes, I want to be your girlfriend," said Heather giggling. 

Billy smiled and brought his lips to Heather's again. Heather smiled into the kiss and ran her hands through his hair again. 

God how the two loved this feeling.

●●

"Tell me everything," Tatum said excitedly through the phone. "We walked through the woods," Heather told me. "Did anything else happen?" Tatum asked impatiently. "We have......We have kissed," told Heather blushing. 

"Aaaaaah!" sounded Tatum's voice happy. Heather laughed at her joy. "I knew it. If you guys hadn't kissed tonight I would have killed myself."

"You can't be serious?" asked Heather, laughing. "I, Tatum Riley, never lie," Tatum sounded like she was a scout.

Heather laughed. 

"No, but you are meant for each other. I ship you guys since the beginning."

"Creepy," joked Heather. "Haha," sounded Tatum's voice sarcastically. "Don't let Joey find out. He'll have Billy's head then."

"Nah, I'll have his head then. He shouldn't interfere with my life," said Heather as she took a bite of her ice cream. "He had even begged for me to come back to him right before the game."

"Seriously? Jezus, how pathetic someone can be," scoffed Tatum. A voice sounded at Tatum in the background. "Oh, I have to go. My mother needs help. Bye, see you tomorrow."

''Bye,'' Heather said as she hung up.

Heather put away the tray of ice cream and plopped down on her bed with Billy in her thoughts.

She finally found the person she was looking for. 

●●