Chapter 19|Russian Vodka

Heather her outfit:

●●

Heather drove in her father's cabriolet. Her father had bought this car two years ago, but since he got sick he never drove in it.

Heather drove to Tatum's house. She knew Sidney and Tatum were going to get food and drinks today for Stu's party, which is tomorrow.

Heather honked as soon as she saw the two in the driveway.

"Get in, losers. We're going shopping!" Heather said with a grin to the two girls.

"Jesus, Heather. Since when did you get such a nice car?" Tatum asked as she got into the back seat along with Sidney. "It belongs to my dad. I borrowed it," answered Heather as they drove up the road.

Heather drove to a store where they don't check your ID when you get alcohol there.

"Really?" Tatum asked as she raised an eyebrow. "A party is not a party without alcohol, Stu told me," said Heather as she stepped out of the car. "You can have fun too," scoffed Tatum as she walked into the store. "You can have fun too," Heather mimicked her.

Heather grabbed a shopping cart and pushed the cart into the alcohol aisle.

"We especially need lots of beer and vodka," said Tatum as she looked at her shopping list.

Heather grabbed the list and crumpled it up and threw the list on the dirty ground.

"Hey, what the hell!" yelled Tatum. "We don't need a stupid list. We just grab what we can grab," said Heather as she shrugged. "Oh, and I'm not paying. My money's run out."

"I'll pay," said Sidney with a sigh. "That's not necessary, Sid. We can also split the amount and have Heather pay later," said Tatum as she stared angrily at Heather. Heather ignored her gaze.

"It's fine. I'll pay," Sidney said as she put a case of beer in the cart. "You are a life saver," Heather said with a fake smile to Sidney.

"Hey, we can't forget the Russian Vodka."

"Wait, didn't bottles of Russian Vodka disappear at Lynn Tinker's house too?" asked Tatum with a frown. ''What do you mean by that?'' asked Heather as she raised an eyebrow. "Are you the crazy killer?" asked Tatum suspicious.

Heather stopped putting bottles of Vodka in the cart and stared at Tatum. Her heart pounded as fast as a car in her chest, but she remained calm.

"For what are you looking at me?" asked Heather with anger in her voice. "Jesus, calm down. It was just a joke," said Tatum as she laughed nervously and raised her hands in surrender.

Heather sighed with relief. She was afraid Tatum was on to her.

"I was just kidding too, Tate," said Heather with a fake smile. Tatum smiled back and walked toward the snack aisle.

Heather and Tatum threw some bags of popcorn and chips into the cart, until Sidney asked a question.

"Is Billy coming tomorrow tonight?" Sidney asked Heather. "I have no idea, why? Are you still afraid of him?" asked Heather as she raised an eyebrow. "No, I mean yes-I mean no," Sidney stuttered nervously, but Tatum interrupted her.

"He better not. I told Stu to keep his mouth shut. I think we can live without the endorphin rush for one night," Tatum said to her best friend. "Billy is right, I'm distancing myself from him too much," said Sidney with a sigh.

"So you have some issues after your mother's death. That's not a big problem, Sid. You thaw out," Tatum said reassuringly. "Yeah, but he's been so patient with the friendship stuff. How many friends wait for their friend to be normal friends again?" Sidney asked frustrated.

"Billy and his stupid head don't deserve you, okay?" Tatum asked her best friend. "Yeah, but it feels kind of weird," muttered Sidney. "Get over that feeling and go talk to him. It will do you good," said Heather out of the blue.

Sidney and Tatum had completely forgotten that Heather was also there.

"Are you sure? I mean what if he's mad at me?" Sidney asked as she scratched the back of her neck. "Trust me, he's not angry. You just have to talk to him," said Heather as she pushed the cart toward the checkout.

"Thank you, Heather," said Sidney with a faint smile.

Heather nodded.

●●

Heather dropped the stuff and the two girls off at Tatum's house.

"See you tomorrow Heather!" Tatum shouted after Heather as she pulled out of the driveway. "See you girls!" shouted Heather.

Heather gripped the leather steering wheel so hard that her knuckles turned white. She could already feel the thrill. She could already feel the adrenaline coursing through her blood.

Heather couldn't wait for tomorrow night.

She could already smell the blood.......

●●