9

the stupid microwave interrupted our kissing.

we pulled away from eachother and he had a smirk on his face as he walked over to the microwave wave, getting our food out.

he carried it to the table and we sat down together and started eating.

"so whats your plans for after graduation?" he asked me.

"move back to massachusetts and run the business with my sister. ill move into her apartment and then we plan on finding a house soon after. were both not dating or married so we figured we could live together for a little."

"how far is massachusetts from here?" he asked.

"5 to 6 hours."

"would you come see me?"

"im not up for long distance jack." i answered.

he nodded his head, "if you ever want to come to a game or come over after you graduate, let me know." he winked.

i lightly laughed and nodded my head.

"my family comes in for the vancouver home game so we get a box. ill be happy to have you there after i score on my brother."

"im sure you would." i laughed.

"you dont watch much hockey, eh?" he asked.

"ill watch carolina but thats about all. i do lots of homework in the evening so that takes up time from watching hockey." i answered.

"and you're not dating anyone?"

i shook my head.

"cmon, chapel hill has like every sport and you haven't found the love of your life? its your senior year."

"youve been in jersey for like 3 years and you still haven't found the love of your life? im sure you have girls that throw themselves your way and there's probably countless models in your dms."

"ive met the love of my life." he smiled.

i gasped, "tell me all about her!"

"you know her."

"im doubtful." i laughed.

"connect the dots here liv." he said.

"what dots?"

"its you." he admitted.

"me?" i pointed to myself.

"you."

"how? this is the second time weve talked in person." i nervous laughed.

"where are you?" he asked.

"at your place?" i said slowly, confused.

"so you trust me?"

"i guess." i shrugged.

i took another bite of my food.

"i mean, we kissed." i said.

"could we do that again?"

i thought about it but didn't give him an answer.

"what are we doing tonight?" i asked, trying to change the topic.

he shrugged.

"good plan." i joked.

"i figured we would just hang out here, watch the game or something."

"cool." i said before taking another bite.

we finished eating and he threw my trash away, "so how long til you can play again?"

i moved to go lay on the couch.