13

"can i ask why you aren't ready to date?" jack asked.

he would ask this while we're stuck in the car together on the way back to jersey.

"i dont think i want to date another pro athlete."

"why?"

"because i know that theres hundreds of other girls that are better than me. you guys are on the road half the year, going out to different restaurants and bars, its so easy to cheat on your significant other and them not know. i like you, i do jack, but..." i paused. "what trevor did to me hurt. he cheated of me for months and when i confronted him, he denied everything. i guess i just knew to trust way. i dont know, maybe after i graduate and move back home, ill think about dating again, right now im just focused on my degree. sorry im rambling."

"just promise that we will keep in touch when you leave tomorrow?" he asked.

"absolutely."

we both stayed silent for several minutes, "what did trevor tell you about me?"

"i just know that you guys dated. im not going to go ask me about you. he doesn't even know that were talking." he reassured me.

i nodded my head.

"does that worry you?" he asked. "me and z being friends?"

"no."

he looked at me then back at the road, "dont lie babe."

"okay so maybe it worries me that this is a set up." i said.

"huh?"

"im worried that trevor is getting back at me with you, like you're going to cheat on me too." i explained.

"its not like that liv. the only reason that i knew of you was because of trevors private snap story where he would post pictures of you two together while you guys where dating. other than that ive never talked to him about you."

"are you willing to lose trevor over me?"

"why do you call him trevor and not z?" he asked.

"answer my question first."

"i like you." he said.

"this doesn't answer my question."

"do you need to go use the restroom or get a drink? theres a gas station up here."

i let go of his hand, "answer my question."

"liv, if you gave me a shot, id love you forever." he smiled.

i looked at him as he concentrated on the road.

"you dont get how refreshing it is to have the opportunity to date a girl like you. liv, you're in college getting a degree so you can go run a family business with your sister. you're not wanting to date and be model or a stay at home wife or a real estate agent, like you have plans and thats with or without me in your life. i know that when you go back to chapel hill tomorrow, you're not going to brag about spending the week with me. and i know that if we never talk again after you leave tomorrow, you'll still graduate, then move back to massachusetts and live the life you've always dreamed of. im honestly terrified to stand in the way of your dreams."

"do you mean that?" i asked, tilting my head.

"yes. and im in love with you liv."

he lightly hit his hand on the side of the steering wheel before glancing a quick look at me.

"im in fucking love with you livlyn and i swear to god if you stop talking to me after tomorrow, im going to be heart broken for awhile. im telling you, youre the love of my life." he confessed.