81.1

jackhughes

liked by way_parker and 156,189 others

jackhughes it's heartbreaking that i have to make this kind of post but it needs to be said. i put off making this post until liv & i had clear minds to think & talk about it. i dont want liv living in fear of the world & media. i dont want her anxious because of what others want to say to her or about her. this time has been very difficult, not just for liv & i but as well as our family, and all i want to do is protect her and the people i love.

its hard to apologize for my interview on opening night because i was simply protecting the people i love. it isn't like me to leave the interview table in the middle of a conversation but when im in interviews,i should be talking about hockey. with me being an alternate captain this reflects my sportsmanship poorly, i apologize to my coachs, teammates, staff, & fans for my actions opening night. my personal life shouldn't be brought up, especially when talking about things that are no longer important. my family & i have respected majority of you guys respecting our privacy as we navigate through whats been a difficult and life changing year.

livs doing great, shes doing big things in fact! shes run a small business along side her sister kellyn & im so incredibly proud of her! her & kellyn have a new collection available online called THE CELLY and starting today portions of the proceeds will go towards therapy, counseling, & rehab for individuals struggling with eating disorders, supporting our new foundation; the hughes hearts foundation. ive seen the mountains liv conquered and i want that for others. we cant wait to get this foundation up and running and to work with you guys!

🩵

(comments are turned off for this post)