30

liv headed to minnesota yesterday but i flew back to michigan for a few days to play some golf with my dad & brothers.

i sat on the kitchen counter, eating an apple before bed.

"so whats your thoughts with liv & the season?" my mom asked.

"what?"

"you're spending a lot of money on her, are you guys going to continue dating over the season because if you hurt that girls heart, ill hurt you." she threatened.

"if i could get her to live with me this season, i would. in a heartbeat."

"why cant you?"

"im not going to rip her from her life in massachusetts. now if she wants to come and stay with me for a little, im all for that. but shes 22 she has her own life and her own dreams. i love seeing her succeed and i can see how much she truly loves owning a business, and im not going to tell her that she has to come live with me. like thats not just not right."

"so long distance?"

i sat there and thought about it.

in the season, long distance isn't massachusetts to new jersey, no it's massachusetts to washington, canada, texas, florida and every other team in between.

"yeah."

"i really like her, don't mess this up." she smiled.

"you really think she's the one?" i asked.

"i like her but you're the one to decide."

"you think she likes me?" i asked, jokingly.

"she told told me she's in love with you and you've told me you're in love with her. whats she doing this week?" she asked.

"shes at a convention thing with kell for the shop." i answered.

"so was yesterday the last time you'll her before the season starts?"

"yeah. but i dont know mom, im sad, i dont want this to end."

"end? you're ending things with her?" she asked shocked, raising her voice some.

"no no no." i rushed. "like i dont want summer to end because i want to spend another month with her. we couldn't even do 24 hours apart before i sent her the i miss you text. and we'll have to wait a month or longer to see each other for like a day?" i asked.

"i had to do it with your father, but i was also raising 3 boys so im sire you can do it. you love her right?" she asked.

"yes ma'am."

"so love will find a way, it always has. are you worried about long distance?"

"im not worried about her cheating. im more worried about what everyones going to say about it."

"so you're going to keep her private?" she raised her eyebrow.

"no, we haven't talked about that but im sure we will when we're ready."

"alright. get some rest, you've got a lot of golf ahead of you." she laughed.

"good night mom, love you."

"i love you too jack."

i threw the core of the apple away and went into the game room where quinn & luke sat.

i looked at my phone seeing that liv sent me a tiktok earlier.

"dude you sent the first i miss you text?" quinn asked.

"shut up man." i said. "you cant even text a girl."

luke started laughing a little to hard, "luke i don't see you with a girl either." i chirped, looking down at my phone.

"alright im heading to bed, gotta get my sleep so i can beat you guys tomorrow."

"you'll be so focused on liv, you won't even remember how to play golf." quinn said.

"and you'll be focused on the cart girl." i said back.

i went up to my room and got ready for bed before getting in bed.

jack: hey la

liv: hey jazzy

liv: whats up babe?

jack: i miss you

jack: how are you?

liv: tired, long day with traveling and we shopped some today.

jack: are you busy?

liv: no were back at our hotel room for the night. whats up babe?

jack: i just want to talk to you

liv: ive got all the time in the world for you.

jack: whats our plan for this season?

liv: lol i don't even know what my plan is for when i get home saturday

jack: like are we actually going to do this?

liv: actually going to do what? because i thought we are dating.

liv: are you leading me on?

jack: no babe please dont think that

jack: i just want to know how this season will look with long distance. im worried about it

liv: like worried about cheating?

jack: no, i trust you! i dont know i guess im just worried about us not seeing each other and us losing feelings for each other.

liv: dont worry about that babe, the season hasn't even started yet and you're already having these thoughts? im already looking at my calendar and your schedule to see if i can fly in for a few days (if you're okay with that.) i'll be in carolina for a week with kell & my mom at some point. but even from a far ill still be here for you. im ready to cheer you on... i might have gotten myself a hughes jersey

jack: i could of gotten you one so you didn't have to spend your money on it.

jack: do you want it autographed?

liv: yeah but by quinn.

liv: its a vancouver jersey

jack: okay now were breaking up

liv: hahahha jk jk!!!

liv: no its a jazzy jersey

jack: can i take it off you one night?

liv: only while we're joining the mile high club

jack: you got yourself a deal babe

liv: so are you at ease now with your worries?

jack: yes & no

liv: what else?

jack: i miss you

liv: jackkkk, its been like 48 hours

jack: now imagine a month or longer

liv: i believe in us

liv: lets plan the next time we'll see each other

jack: how does next tuesday sound?

liv: sounds great but you'll be in jersey so no

jack: don't you hate sleeping alone?

liv: i do, but we gotta learn go spend time apart. i love you & i miss you but we both have things to do & goals to accomplish. ill be your biggest supporter in massachusetts, i promise you that!

liv: the shops getting remodeled soon so ill need to be there for that.

liv: but ill talk to you every day! ill watch every single one of your games! i love you big jack rowden!

jack: love you bigger livlyn avery!

jack: now lets talk about kids

liv: lets go to sleep. good night