15

"i think im going to cut my hair again." i blurted.

kellyn & i are at the shop, its a slow, rainy day. weve been designing new stickers to order and shopping for new clothes to sell.

ive been home for a week.

she turned and looked at me.

"what? you hated having short hair!"

"i know."

"why? are you getting back at trevor? yes girl! lots close the shop and go next door and see if brooke has time to cut your hair!" she said excited.

"you want to close the shop so i can go get my hair cut?" i asked.

she grabbed the key, "lets shut this place down."

we quickly closed the shop and went next door to locks, which our friend brooke works at & her mom owns.

we walked in, "hey ladies." her mom smiled.

"can we squeeze her in before she changes her mind?"

"absolutely!" brooke smiled, walking into the waiting room.

we walked back to brooks "office" as she calls it.

"so what are we feeling girl?" she asked, as i took a seat in the chair, looking at myself in the mirror in front of me.

kellyn sat in the chair in the corner of the room.

"remember my short hair in high school?" i asked.

"are you going back to that?"

"yes." i smiled.

"can i wash your hair & style it too?"

"yes." i smiled.

she started by brushing my hair, "so why the sudden change in wanting short hair again?"

i shrugged my shoulders.

"dont lie to me, two." she said, calling me by my high school nickname. "is it a boy?"

"could be."

"so youre not going to tell me?" she questioned, making eye contact with me through the mirror.

"it's private right now." i nervously laughed.

"oh okay."

"so how was college?" she changed the subject.

"it was good, definitely a hard goodbye to soccer but im excited to be back here and start this new chapter of life."

"you know that you are the only one from our graduating class that played a sport all 4 years! remember becca? full ride to stanford, harvard, UCLA, & florida? she dropped out sophomore year from UCLA. cade went to vanderbilt for baseball and got caught with drugs and got kicked off the team. millie went to florida for softball and dropped out because she got pregnant. the list goes on & on."

"oh yeah, i saw that she had a baby boy. gosh thats crazy. and they all had better scholarships than me." i said.

she washed my hair, cut it & styled it, as we kept talking about my college experience.

"you like it?" she asked, turning me around to where i could see myself in the mirror.

i smiled big.

"i love it!"

i stood up and hugged her, "how much do i owe ya?"

"dont worry about it, just let me know if your mystery boy likes it." she winked.