62

i saw liv in her bridesmaids dress.

my jaw dropped.

this is it.

this is her bounce back.

this is her moment to show off what shes worked so hard for the past few months.

she chose a dress that covered her up, but i know the progress shes made.

i see the progress and ill never let her forget how far shes come since november.

i walked to her, placing a hand on hip and kissed her head.

"i feel really good." she whispered.

"you look amazing. you look so good. this is just a glimpse of what you'll look like at out wedding and i can't believe that. woah babe." i said, looking her over.

i now realize why my tie is hot pink. it matches her dress perfectly.

i pulled her to me.

"you look so...i dont know of words to explain it but, woah." i whispered to her.

she looked at me and even though she had makeup on, i could see that she was blushing.

2 years together plus being engaged and i can still make my girl blush!

"you look pretty cute babe." she gushed, smoothing my tie down.

"you like what you see? maybe i'll strip down on the dance floor tonight for you."

"stop it." she giggled. "save it for our wedding day."

i raised my eyebrows, "oh don't tempt me with a good."

"hey jizzy, you guys want in the pictures or not?" john chirped.

i looked over and realized the groomsmen where all lined up and waited on me.

"my bad." i said, jogging over.

the groomsmen took pictures while the bridesmaids practiced ideas for pictures.

"are we done?" one of johns buddys asked.

"a few more."

i looked over to see liv dancing.

"liv, save it for the dance floor babe." i chirped.

she turned and looked at me before shaking her butt.

i eyed her.

shes walking a thin line currently.

we still have 2 hours before the wedding and i cant sneak her away for a moment.

i heard her giggling.

she knows the effect she has on me.

she knows.

<>livs pov<>

jack looks like sex on legs in that navy suit.

i knew what i was doing.

i knew that shaking my butt would get him flustered.

after the groomsmen took their pictures and left, we did, that way maddie & john could do their first look. just the 2 of them.

i walked back into the bridesmaids lounge and sat down, looking at my phone.

jazzy: keep it up babe

jazzy: we'll both be missing the wedding. your choice.

jazzy: i need you

liv: you cant have me

jazzy: wanna bet?

liv: my makeup

jazzy: you won't be needing makeup if he skip the wedding

liv: i cant do that.

jazzy: ive got a problem

liv: sounds like a you issue

jazzy: i hope we dont know our neighbors at the hotel because they'll know my name tonight.

liv: 😳

jazzy: so keep it up and see where it gets us.

liv: 🫡

liv: change the topic im flustered now

jazzy: can i just say how good you look in your dress. this is your bounce back baby. all those nights you cried and told me you hated your body. baby, i wish you could see yourself from my point of view. in my eyes i dont see all the flaws you see. i see you. i dont see the stretch marks you hate. i dont see the thighs with no thigh gap. i see my fiancée. i see the love of my life. i love you body.

liv: stop i cant cry!

liv: i love you so much!

when i put this dress on and looked in the mirror this morning, with my makeup and hair done.

i had to fight back tears.

all the years of not feeling worthy of love.

after the years of lying, name calling, degrading, cheating, and hurt, seemed to fade as i felt good in my body for the first time in a long time.

when jacks eyes found mine while taking pictures and knowing he was struggling to keep his eye off of me, i realized that in jacks eyes, he doesn't see the flaws i see.

jack doesn't point out my stretch marks and laugh. he doesn't make comments about my weight. he doesn't openly flirt with girls when im with him, actually he doesn't flirt with any girl. he doesn't make excuses to why i cant call him or text him. he isn't afraid to show me off. he doesn't control what i wear. he doesn't control what i eat.

how i got so lucky?

im not sure. but ill say this: jack has given me a second chance at life.

when i wanted to give up on everything, he dropped everything and drove to be with me. he cancelled christmas with his extended family to be with me. he cancelled his all star vacation to be by my side.

i don't know where id be without this boy.

but i know that, he played the biggest role in my bounce back from an eating disorder to feeling confident enough to wear a dress, at a wedding, as a bridesmaid, in front of a packed house!

jazzy: 🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵🩵

-

it was my turn to walk down the aisle and i was nervous because all eyes would be on me.

i took my time and remembered what we went over in rehearsal.

i breathed a sigh of relief as i got to my spot and turned to face the crowd.

until i locked eyes with someone, and all the anxiety was back.

why is he here?