vii. banishment

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

"You dirty bastards," Finan shouts. "Come on, lord. Get his shield! Come on! Christ, if you want to play that game."

"You are happy with this, Ragnar? You believe this to be a fair fight!" Beocca shouts angrily.

"It's a fight." Ragnar said stiffly.

"You would watch him die? You would not care?" Rúna snapped as she grabbed Ragnar's arm, her brother shoved her off with a dirty look.

"You chose him. You will leave with him if he survives." Ragnar snarled with a look of pain across his face, she would have felt guilty if he wasn't so willing to let Uhtred die.

"He deserves it, kill him! Take his balls!" Brida shouts. Rúna glared at the woman as she walked to Finan and Sihtric.

"Take his legs off Uhtred, lord here. His shoulder!" Uhtred starts to kick Bloodhair's ass making Finan shout happily. "Yes, lord!" Uhtred goes to kill him when Ragnar harshly shoves the man down.

"It's over."

Rúna for a brief moment believed Ragnar had come to his senses. But she was wrong.

"No, it's not over until he's dead." Bloodhair screams as he stands up.

"I say it is over."

"I demand my woman." Bloodhair shouts.

"I will not lose one single man before the true battle has begun."

"It was to the death." Uhtred claims.

Rúna frowned at her brothers and felt Sihtric brush his hand against hers. Mary and Trig stood across from her, the whore dared to look guilty. Trig watched her with a look she couldn't place, she wasn't sure if he was happy about the turn of events. Sindri moved to her side as he glared at the other two and nodded at Sihtric. She could at least count on his loyalty.

"If you disagree with me then fight me." Ragnar snapped and moved to Uhtred.

"Kill him, Ragnar. And be done with it." Brida snarled with anger.

"Stop talking before I make you." Rúna threatened Brida and went to step forward but both Sihtric and Sindri grabbed her.

"It is over. It is done, take what belongs to you. Take your witch." Ragnar says and Bloodhair seethes in anger.

"She belongs to me!" Bloodhair screams.

"I shall see you across the battlefield, no doubt. I will kill you." Ragnar warned, he looked over at Rúna with a cold expression. "Both of you." Rúna flinched at the look and felt a piece of her heart crack knowing she had lost her brother forever. Sindri pulls her into a side hug and grabs the hilt of his sword as a promise to kill Ragnar if he threatens her again.