xviii. saving ragnar

╚════════*

╚════════*.·:·.☽✧    ✦  ✧☾.·:·.*════════╝

Rúna tossed her head back in pleasure as Sihtric kissed down her stomach, the furs of the blankets underneath her were drenched in her sweat and other fluids, she gasped when Sihtric made himself home between her thighs. She fisted his hair and couldn't stop herself from using her thighs to trap his head between them, he must have liked it if the moan that vibrated against her was anything to go by.

Since the gift he had given her hours ago, they had snuck away and she learned how skilled he was with his tongue when he brought her to bliss over and over again, she tried to get him off too but he was insistent that he wanted her to be the focus.

"Sihtric!" She moaned out as she reached her high again. He grinned from between her legs and kissed up each limb before diving back down to feast on her.

Later, she joins her brother for a side mission. "Thyra." Uhtred says making her gasp, Rúna crosses her arms with a grin at the sight. She had luckily managed to sneak away from Sihtric while he slept, she knew the Dane would have kept her in bed otherwise.

"Uhtred." She tried to hug him but nudged her back into the house.

"Inside, inside."

"Uhtred. Uhtred, it is good to see you, to know that you are alive still." Thyra whispered in relief as she hugged him.

"I am. Alive and well, at last."

"Despite the king's best efforts." She added and patted her brother on the shoulder.

"But why are you here? They will kill you." Thyra whispered in panic.

"I came to see my children and to see you."

"They will kill you. We would have come to you in Mercia." Thyra said.

"And I came to help Ragnar, to save Ragnar." Rúna flinched at the name and wondered if she would eventually be able to think of her brother without feeling guilt.

"He is dead. Beocca had told me—" Thyra said sadly.

"Yes, yes."

"He is dead." Thyra said.

"He is dead. He is dead. I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Uhtred whispered as he placed his forehead against hers. "But he is trapped in Niflheim. He did not die a warrior's death, that privilege was stolen from him." Thyra cried and he cradled her face in his hands as he kissed her forehead. Rúna placed a hand on her sister's back and shared a sad look with Uhtred.

"Thyra, only your blood and Rúna's can save him now," Thyra pulls back in fright. "A cupful, not all of it." The three laugh and hug. The women moved to sit down as he cut their palms, Uhtred held both of their wrists as the blood leaked into the bowl.

"Why did you come to the door armed with a knife? Who is it that objects to you being here?" Uhtred asked from where he kneeled.

"There are people who feel I do not belong. They see only a Dane." She told him sadly, Rúna intertwined their fingers and Thyra squeezed them.