Stalker

"Kat...katniss?, where am I?", Peeta whispers as the sleep syrup effect starts to wear off, his eyelids still drooping and voice slurred.

"I'm here baby", his eyes meet mine and syrup seems to stop working almost instantly. "You drugged me!, again!", I laugh and smooth down the blonde curl of hair that is sticking off to the side of his ear.

"I did, and guess what.. Your hands been fixed", he smiles sleepily and reaches our with his good hand, "I'll never be able to trust you will I?" The grin on his lips tells me he's joking, I leave him at the recovery station so he can rest for a while.

It takes a few hours before the medics decided Peeta is conscious enough to come home, his hand padded thickly with bandage to hold the bones in place, we make our way out for the hob, thanking all the doctors on the way out.

"Fancy seeing you here", Gale stands before me, a smirk of pure evil on his face, his hands tucked away in his pockets,"I heard lover boy punched a tree, his temper really is getting worse isn't it, just wait till he touches you", he looks at my neck indicating he has already realised what the marks are from.

"What the hell are you talking about? He didn't punch a tree", my voice strains through the confusion.

"Sure Katniss, keep defending him...I enjoyed the show too", his laugh twist my gut into knots, so it was him that was watching us in the lake, god knows how much he saw.

Forgetting the people around me I lunge at him, getting a strong swing at his jaw before Peeta can get to my arm to hold me back.

"Your tits are nice too catnip, look bigger than before".

I feel my blood boil as it shoots towards my face, I try to compose myself but the words come tumbling out before I can stop them.

"You bastard! Fucking pervert! don't you dare come near us again", my voice catches and storm through the door at the side of me, nearly shattering the glass pain inside, I really hope he didn't see the tears in my eyes, I bet he did.

"Your disgusting, you don't deserve to stay around here, the sooner you leave the better as far as me and Katniss are concerned. Keep out of the woods and away from us, you really have problems you piece of filth".

I hear Peeta shout, he stumbles after me, trying to keep up with the enraged strides I'm taking towards our house.