I know

Joanna decided that she wanted to stay with us for three days, we were very lucky that the victors village house was more than big enough to house us all, it always felt so cold and empty to me, even when both me and Peeta were in and pottering around, there was still a echo that bounced through the high walls.

On the second night I woke up around 3 am, I was starting to find it more uncomfortable to lay down and between that and the nightmares I was having, there was little point going back to sleep.

As I walk down the hall, I notice that Joanna's bedroom door is open and there's a small light coming from the room, i knock on the door and peek in, to see if she is still awake.

"Hey Kat, finally taking me up on that threesome?".

She always has such a way with words.

"No actually, it might put me to sleep though". I laugh back to myself.

I make my way towards the dressing table at the end of the bed and sit down gently to face Joanna.

"Why are you still up? Do you need anything fetching?" I ask.

"Well do you know Peetas night terrors, I get them to, they say it's PTSD but my brains always been a bit fucked up", she laughs looking down at the covers.

" You know, I didn't know what to expect when I turned up here, obviously we write to each other, and when we talk on the phone everything seems normal, how normal can we be anymore? JK

I know Peeta still has his episodes and everything but he genuinely seems so content... not to mention, a baby? Jesus Katniss, I didn't think that was on the bingo card for this year".

She's gestures towards the tight top covering my bump, one of Peetas old painting T-shirts which has definitely seen better days, but the material is so soft against my itchy skin.

"I didn't either, I don't have a maternal bone in my body", I try to hide the tears collecting at the side of my eyes.

"Are you kidding?, You basically raised Prim from being a baby and you've managed to keep Haymitch alive for the last few years, and he's like a fucking toddler on crack". She belly laughs at that last sentence.

She's not lying.

"I'm really scared". I whisper quietly.

"I know".