Chapter Ten

*Next day*
*Austin's POV*

I walked down the hallway at school by myself. Madison and Alan went to get something to drink so I walked to history alone.

Everyone whispered about me and the "new girl". That was all anyone talked about now.

"Why would she hang out with him? He's such a loser."

"She's so pretty. I don't get it. She could've been popular."

"I mean, I get that he's a baseball player, but like, he's not even a cool one."

I shook my head and ignored those people. Madison was an amazing person and nobody wanted to see that. All that cared about was that the hot new girl was hanging out with the losers.

I had almost made it to class with no problems, until Colin stepped in front of me.

I sighed and looked at him. "What's up, Colin?"

He gave me a dirty look. "I don't get it, Carlile. What kind of hold do you have on her?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

He shrugged. "She's the hottest chick I've ever seen. And she chooses to spend her time with you. So, what's the deal? Are you black mailing her?"

I chuckled. "Maybe she just enjoys hanging out with a guy who doesn't have the bigger ego on the planet."

He stepped closer to me. "Excuse me?"

I felt someone grab my hand and looked over. Madison was standing next to me, holding my hand. "For your information, Connor," she said, smiling, "I like hanging out with Austin because he's a good guy. He's not a bully, like you." She let go of my hand and got toe to toe with Colin. "It's very obvious you bully people you're jealous of."

Colin scoffed. "Why would I be jealous of that scrawny fool? And for the last time, my name is Colin."

She smiled and looked down at his crotch. "I can tell from that pitiful bulge in your jeans that you're definitely compensating for something." She giggled and bit her lip. "That's why you bully him. You're upset that, for a guy your size, you're little," she chuckled, "and I mean very little dick doesn't match your big strong body." She stepped away from him. "Maybe one day a girl will understand." She took my hand. "But as for me, I need a real man. Like Austin."

I smiled. Colin's face was dark red and his fists were clenched. He was mad.

Madison smiled. "Anyways, nice talking to you, Connor." She pulled me away and we walked into class.

I shut the door behind me and let go of Mads hand. She turned to me. "I'm sorry if I just embarrassed you."

I smiled. "No. That was awesome. Nobody has ever stood up to Colin that way."

She smiled. "He deserves it." She took a step closer to me. "You protected me last night, so it was my turn to protect you." She kissed my cheek. "I always probably just helped you a lot with the ladies." She winked and went and sat down at her desk.

I followed her and sat down next to her. "Everyone's gonna think we're dating."

She smiled. "I didn't think of that."

I smiled. "With you around I might just be able to run this place."

She nodded. "Hell yeah. You can be the king."

I playfully nudged her. "Not without a queen."

She chuckled. "King Austin and Queen Madison." She nodded. "I like it."