Chapter 21

*Austin's POV*

I walked down the street. My heart was pounding so hard and fast. I felt terrible for hitting Madison.

I walked down towards Mark's house. I figured Madison had gone to Alan's and I wasn't ready to face her yet. I walked up to his house and saw him sitting on his porch, smoking a joint.

"Hey, man." I said.

He nodded at me. "What's up?"

I sat down next to him and took the joint, taking a big hit. "So, I guess I'm moving."

"Yeah, Mads told me." He said, taking the joint.

I frowned. "What? When?"

He looked at me. "Like 20 minutes ago."

"She called you?"

He shook his head. "No. She came over." He motioned to the house. "She's upstairs taking bath."

I felt my face turn red. "How much did she tell you?"

He took a hit. "Everything."

I sighed. "I can't believe I hit her. I feel so bad."

"What the hell came over you?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know, man. I was just so angry and she just wouldn't stop."

He shook his head. "All she was trying to do was make sure you were okay. And you fuckin smack her?" He shrugged. "I get that you're upset. Obviously you're gonna be a little crazy, but she just wants to help you."

I nodded. "Yeah, I know."

He stood up. "I have to go to the store and get Mads some food." He smacked me in the back of the head. "Go talk to her."

I got up and went inside, walking down the hall to Mark's soon and saw Madison sitting on his bed wrapped in a towel.

"Hey." I said softly.

She looked up and I saw the bruise on her face. She looked away from me and stood up, putting her back to me as digging through her duffel bag.

I went over to her. "Mads, can we talk?"

She shook her head. "Leave me alone."

"Mads, please. I'm so sorry." I said, grabbing her face and looking at the bruises. "I can't believe I hit you that hard."

She pulled away. "Leave me alone."

"No, Madison. We're gonna talk."

She looked at me. "Oh so now you wanna talk?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I need to fix this."

"I'm not talking to you." She said. "Go away."

"No." I tried to hold her hand and she yanked her arm away from me. "If you're not gonna talk then just listen."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine. But can you turn around so I can get dressed?"

I nodded and turned around. "Madison, I am so beyond sorry for hitting you. I was angry and confused and there was just so much going through my mind." I sighed and glanced at the mirror, seeing Madison's naked body and losing my train of thought. I looked away. "Um.."

"It's not an excuse, Austin. I've felt that way before and I never hit someone." She said.

I nodded. "Yeah, no. I know." I glanced at the mirror again and saw that she had a tiny tattoo on her shoulder, but I couldn't tell what it was. She pulled on a pair of panties, pajama pant, and then pulled a tank top on.

"You can turn around now." She said.

I turned around and motioned for her to sit down. "Tell me how to make this up to you."

"You can't." She said, remaining standing and crossing her arms.

"Just come home, Mads. Please? We can fix this?" I said. I felt tears coming. "Please? Mads, I just lost everything. Don't make me lose you to."

She shook her head. "Austin you really hurt me."

"I know." I got off the bed and got down on my knees in front of her, taking her hands. "Madison, I'm begging. Please. Come home. Come home and I'll make you dinner. And then we'll go to bed and talk about everything in the morning." I laid my head on her stomach. "Madison, please."

She sighed and got down in front of me, wiping my tears. "Don't cry." She wrapped her arms around my neck. "I'm supposed to be the emotionally unstable one. Not you."

I hugged her. "I can't lose you, Madison. You're all I have left."

"I'm not going anywhere, Austin." She whispered, wiping more tears away. "I love you. I can't leave."

I looked at her. "I love you too, Madison."

She smiled. "I really really love you. More than anything."

I tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm completely in love with you." I said.

Her eyes lit up and she blushed. "You do?"

I smiled. "Yes." I didn't even realize it until now. I knew I had feelings for her. But until this very moment, I didn't realize how strong they were. But thinking that I could lose her, it made me panic. I didn't wanna live without her. I couldn't picture going through life without her by my side.

I smiled bigger. "I do. I really love you."

Her smile grew and her eyes searched mine. I wiped her tear away and placed my hand on her neck, softly pulling her closer to me and pressing my lips against hers. Sparks flew and it felt like the whole room spun. She pressed her body against mine and kissed me harder. There was so much passion and love. She was the one.