Chapter 37

*Madison's POV*
*later that night*

I laid on the couch in my hotel room, thinking about what Austin told me. I know he didn't sleep with her, but just the fact that he would go there. His intentions were to sleep with her, how was I supposed to know he would never do it again?

I groaned and kicked my blankets off. This was such bullshit. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. It rang a few times and then he picked up.

"Hey." He said, his voice coated in sleep. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything's fine. I just need to talk to you."

He groaned. "Hold on, one second." I heard some moving around and then he came back. "Okay. Let's talk."

My eyes immediately filled with tears. "I just need answers. I know I haven't been that affectionate lately, but why didn't you tell me it bugged you that much?"

He sighed. "Madison, it's impossible to talk to you about anything that doesn't involve Zach. Anytime I tried to bring it up, you just acted like it wasn't important." He was quiet for a minute or two. "I just miss the old us."

I sniffled. "I miss us too. But things aren't the same. We have a seven year old. Things change. And I'm sorry I've been so distant, but you don't understand the shit that I deal with everyday. I handle all Zachary's school stuff, all his play dates, I take him to the doctors, I clean, I cook and I work. I do everything. Granted, you help me in the mornings, but that's it. You drop him off and then you're gone all day at the studio or doing interviews. Then you come home and just expect me to be in the mood."

He was silent for a second. "I never thought of it that way."

I wiped my eyes. "We're not 18 anymore, Austin. Not everything can revolve around having sex and partying. We're almost 30 years old. It's time to grow up a little bit."

"I know. Madison, I'm so sorry." He said. "Come home, please."

I thought for a second. "No. That's not my home anymore." I felt more tears. "I gotta go."