Fate and Missed Opportunities. Part 3.

~ 【 T h e n e x t e v e n i n g 】 ~

BadGirlCoven has left the groupchat.

Abomination_Darius: ...

GoodWitchLuzura: Darius!! Why did eda leave the gc?? She hasn't came out of her room at all today and hasn't talked to anyone!!..

GoodWitchLuzura: Can you please tell me whats going on?!

Abomination_Darius: Uhm.. Raine's uh..

Abomination_Darius: Raine died in the castle fire incident..

GoodWitchLuzura: Oh.. Oh my Titan.. That- That's terrible.. hold on, I'm gonna go talk to Eda..

Abomination_Darius: Alright.. Just- be careful..

GoodWitchLuzura: Okay..

GoodWitchLuzura and Abomination_Darius have gone offline

--------------------------------------

Luz ran upstairs and knocked on Eda's door. "Eda??" She called, a worried tone in her voice. "Are- you okay?.."
"Go away.." She heard Eda quietly reply.
"Can I please come in? I just wanna talk..!" Luz knocked again.
"No." Eda groaned, "Leave me alone.."
".. Okay.." Luz replied respectfully, "U-Uhm.. But- Just so you know, a uh- a package was delivered here for you.. It, uhm.. It says on the box that only you're allowed to open it.. I left the box outside your door.."
and Luz walked away.

Eda waited until she heard the sound of Luz's footsteps disappear to open her door. Just like Luz had said, there was a pretty big box outside her room that had something on the front that read "DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU'RE EDA"
It looked like it was in Raine's handwriting...

Eda carefully moved the box into her room, and closed and locked the door.
She carefully ripped the tape on the box with her nails. She took a deep breath, and opened the box.
The first thing she saw, right on the top of the pile of things in the box, was Raine's violin.
She covered her mouth with one hand, and tried not to cry, as she gently picked up the violin with the other.

Eda carefully placed the violin and its bow on the floor next to the box, as tears slowly trickled down her cheeks.
Next, she gently pulled out 4 different folders full of sheet music, written and played by Raine, and set them next to their violin.
By this point, Eda was basically in tears.

She looked in the box again, and grabbed out a pile of a few records and set them down. Then she pulled out two crocheted dolls of both her and Raine, that Raine made years ago.. They kept these in their room ever since.. They were still in amazing shape, except for a few burn marks here and there.
She set the one of her down, and tightly hugged the one of Raine and cried.

She slowly pulled away from her, set it down, and wiped her tears. There was still one more thing in the box. A folded piece of paper-?

Eda grabbed the paper out of the box and unfolded it. A picture fell out of the folded paper. She picked it up off the floor and looked at it..
"Oh my Titan..." Eda whispered to herself, covering her mouth with one hand, her voice breaking.. It was an old photo of her and Raine as kids.. Tears quickly escaped Eda's eyes as she read the writing on the paper.

"My dearest Eda,

I know I don't have much time left here.. Which is why I'm writing this. I'm so sorry I have to go out this way, but.. I guess there's no controlling fate. Please, don't cry. I love you so much, Eda. I hate to see you living without me but I have to go. Please remember that even when I'm gone, I'm not really gone.. I'm always gonna be watching over you and keeping you safe.. I promise.
Speaking of promises, please promise me that, even when things are really bad and stressful, that you'll stay safe and that you won't hurt yourself or anyone else in any way. Stay connected with your family. Please try to stay happy, even without me.
Please don't be upset that I'm leaving you. I don't have any regrets.. Well.. I guess that's a lie.. I guess, I only regret all the opportunities I missed having with you.. If I'm being honest, just a few days ago, I was planning on asking you to marry me. And, boy, do I wish I did. Look, I'm sorry, Calamity. Just.. Please don't hurt yourself because of me. I don't wanna see you up here in Heaven-- or wherever we go after death-- with me for another like- decade.
I can't even express how much I don't want to leave you.. Please watch over Luz and King with your life. They love you so much and can't live without you. And take care of yourself, you deserve it...
I love you so much, Eda Clawthorne. I mean that.

Love,
Your Rainestorm<3"

She flipped the paper over and there was a ring taped to the back... Rubies.. Red.. Her favourite colour.. fuck...
"Raine.." Eda sobbed. She slid the ring on her finger, covered her face with both her hands, lied down on the floor, and cried.

She ended up crying herself to sleep that night.. Again..