Back to Nevermore

"And if you are interested please send in your resumé to our head mistress Larissa Weems."

My name is Wednesday Addams, I come from the wealthy and iconic Addams Family and I've just finished for my bachelors in botanical sciences. Ever since the old teacher turned out to be a psychotic normie the school can't seem to keep a permanent teacher, which brings me to today. I'm sitting in principal Weems office patiently awaiting my interview for the job. Weems was always fond of me when I attended Nevermore and of course after I saved her life, long story, anyways the point is with my credentials and fame around here I should have this job in the bag. Weems walked in ready to start the interview and like I assumed two questions in she offered me the job which I happily accepted. Happy was a word I'd never use up until I had my daughter 13 years ago and that changed my entire outlook on it all. As quickly as I could be happy, I could get upset even quicker and that's when it happened. I exited the office looking down at my device I swore I wouldn't become a slave to and bumped into someone. When I looked up I froze dead in my tracks, it was Xavier Thorpe the man that stole my heart and broke it all at once.

"Wednesday?"

I quickly shoved pass him, I still wasn't ready to face the inevitable. I knew he must've been applying for the art teaching position and with his skill he'd surely secure the job. I quickly made it to my black Mercedes- Benz and calmed myself before beginning the drive home. The long drive allowed me to clear my head so when I made it home to Rose I'd be ok to speak without raising suspicion. If it's one thing she enjoys it's a good mystery and she somehow always cracks them, like mother like daughter.

"I'm home!" I yelled out expecting her down any moment now.

She quickly came racing down the stairs almost tripping up in the process. "Hey mom, how'd the interview go?"

"I got the job."

"Like they were gonna tell you no, you're the Wednesday Addams, I just hope when I start Nevermore this year I can live up to you and Aunt Enid's legacy."

My face softened remembering the same feelings I had when I began the school. "You'll outshine it honey, you have a gift not even the Wednesday Addams possesses. Your paintings are getting better each day, may I see todays?"

"Of course, I was going to show you anyway since you're in it. It came from a vision."

Rose lead the way into her room and when we made it to the canvas my heart dropped. On the canvas was Xavier Thorpe and he looked so real. Rose reached her hand out and the canvas began to talk.

"Let's move pass the past and start something new."

I quickly excused myself and I'm sure she took note of it. He was trying to get back in my heart, but thirteen years ago he closed it permanently and I'm simply not in the business of forgiveness.

.

.

.

Flashback- Nevermore Thirteen Years Ago

"Xavier I need to speak with you about the night."

His face was hard and he looked unrecognizable. "It's not a good time Wednesday."

"Xavier I-"

"LOOK WEDNESDAY, IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE AND OTHER THINGS IN THIS FUCKING WORLD, BUT NO ONE EVER CONSIDERS THAT!" He swiftly got up from his bed and shoved pass me.

I was shocked and for the third time in my four years at Nevermore I began to cry, and that's the day he took a piece of my heart that only he can return back to it's rightful places.

END FLASHBACK

I was spiraling down that same emotional breakdown and even considered declining the job, but Rose was too excited to attend Nevermore and I will not send her there with Xavier alone. Too many secrets that will reach the surface, little did I know my presence there wouldn't stop them from coming to the light.