Never the Same

Xavier stepped into my apartment looking around, I hadn't done much to the place, but I still put in some black drapes and other things to make it feel like home. He walks in and takes a seat on the couch.

"Xavier listen, I know it was all a big misunderstanding in the past, but the thought of us again scares me."

"Why?"

"When we split all those years ago I was heartbroken, I never recovered and I don't like feeling like any part of me has a weakness."

"Wednesday, we never split you left and to be perfectly clear I could never see a world where I break your heart."

"That's just it Xavier, unintentional or not you already did."

I could see my words broke his heart. "Wednesday, we belong together! You can't deny that."

I stared at him as he stared back, neither of us could tell you who leaned in first.

I knew I had to stop. "Xavier we can't." I whispered, I could feel his breath against my lips.

"But we can." With that he connected our lips and that drug I had been deprived over for over a decade was back and I knew pretty soon I would have a relapse.

I could feel Xavier deepening the kiss, falling back on the couch and pulling me on top of him. I couldn't seem to break free until I felt his hand creeping under my shirt.

I broke the kiss breathing heavily. "Xavier please, we already have two children."

"Sorry, I just got a little carried away . . . I think I should leave."

"Xavier, I said it wouldn't be wise to have sex, but we could always continue what we begun."

He smiled and was back on me in an instant.
.
.
.
I woke up on top of Xavier and I was fully clothed, which lets me know he respected my wishes as if I expected anything else from him. I pulled out my phone checking the time, and it read 7:25.

"Xavier wake up!" I said violently shaking him.

He slowly woke up yawning and pulled me into a big hug. I couldn't help but smile into his chest. It felt safe.

"Xavier you need to get up, Rose will be here soon. She comes by every morning."

With a grunt he got up and started to head to the door. "Please don't let this be a one time thing, I know we'll never be the same, but lets build something better."

I smiled leaning up to give him one last kiss. "I think I'll consider."

He smiled back and turned to open the door, but when he opened it Miracle and Rose already stood on the other side.

"Our parents couldn't even survive a week together, before the disgusting urges got to them." Miracle stated entering my home.

"Miracle, they're in love, leave them be." Rose defended.

Xavier was now blushing insanely hard. "Uhh . . . good parental meeting Wednesday, I'll see you later."

"Dad?" Rose said with a mischievous smile.

"Yea."

"You're wearing yesterday's clothes, pretty long meeting I guess."

"Ok anyways bye, love you three." With that Xavier sped down the hallway.

I closed the door slightly embarrassed that we'd been caught by our children, but my embarrassment would pale in comparison to Xavier's. I turned into the apartment to see Rose making her usual breakfast and Miracle following suit. It was unusual to have both of my girls, but I loved it. I opened my laptop to enter in grades and was interrupted by an announcement going across the school.

"Attention teachers and students, this is your headmistress principal Weems, we have cancelled all classes due to a police investigation in the area. Stay safe and enjoy the free day."

I was finishing up my gradebook for the week entering in assignments into the system, but I made sure I'd look into this investigation.

"MOM! How could you?" Rose screamed

"What?"

"You gave me a C on the quiz."

"You earned a C Rose.

"We're your daughters, you're supposed to pass us no matter what.

"I will not hand out grades Rose, and Miracle got an A. Maybe study with her sometimes and get off the phone."

My phone pinged bringing me out of my train of thought. It was a text from Xavier.

"Lunch today, just me and you?"

"I think I can free up some time for you."

"Pick you up at 12 <3."

I pushed my phone aside, it was only 8 so I had time to spend with the girls and get ready. I sat and watched TV with them, gave Miracle a cello lesson, and after all of that it was 11.

"Girls I have to get ready to leave, you can stay or go back to your dorm, heres a spare key." I said handing it to Miracle.

"Why does Miracle get to get the key?"

"Cause Miracle didn't lose her last three house keys."

Rose rolled her eyes, "Anyways where ya headed."

"Out to lunch."

"With?"

"Our father." Miracle said beating me too it

My eyes widened. "How'd you-."

"My abilities have been getting better."

"Ouuuu is it a date mom?"

"I guess you can say that."

Miracle let out a sigh of frustration. "You two have twins, and have been in love for a decade, these little cute lunch dates are disgusting."

I smiled at my child, it was almost like I cloned myself. "Miracle stop, mom and dad make a cute couple."

I zoned out as they had their sibling banter, did miracle have a point? Could Xavier and I just pick up where we left off?