Let's Talk

I slept on last nights events with Xavier deciding, I should speak with him before classes begin. It was 7:00 and students wouldn't report until 9:00 so I had plenty of time to get ready. I glanced at myself in the mirror hating that he still had this effect on me, making me where makeup and trying to look my best. The clock now read 7:43, I quickly walked out of my apartment and luckily saw Xavier walking down the hall.

"Xavier."

He turned around facing me. "Wednesday?"

"We need to talk."

His face lit up. "Ok, can you follow me to my classroom, I have to prepare todays assignment."

I followed him down the hall to his classroom, and when we arrived I almost felt envy, his classroom was huge and spacious. My eyes looked over the various paintings it appears he had them do family portraits. I walked up to the one that was clearly belonged to Rose, it was beautiful and captured all of my features. Xavier walked up behind me looking at it as well.

"She has a real talent Wednesday, a talent I could never teach or take responsibility for."

"Yes she does, she admires you and your work."

He looked down a blush creeping on his cheeks. "Always a pleasure to be recognized for my talent."

"Listen Xavier I, I want us to be on the right track again. I was hoping we could try being friends."

"Wednesday, you know I love you right . . . I don't know if that'll be so easy for me."

"Well it's no better for me Xavier, you think it's easy being just friends with the only lover I've ever had!" I screamed a little frustrated at his contest.

"Only?"

"YES!"

"Wednesday that's impossible, you have a daughter."

I froze. "Yes of course, I sometimes forget about Rose's father.

"Uhh . . . Wednesday if you don't mind me asking, where is Rose's father?"

I couldn't help the look of anger that flashed on my face and he noticed. "He didn't want any part of us at the time, so we kept it like that."

"I'm sorry Wednesday."

"It's fine, we did just fine without him for 13 years."

He froze and just stared at me slowly speaking. "I- I thought she was 14?

I panicked, that's the hard thing about lies you can get caught in them just as quick as you can say them. "I must be going now Xavier." I tried to leave, but he softly grabbed my wrist.

"Wednesday, I know when you're lying! What's going on?" He was practically pleading for answers.

FLASHBACK

I panicked as I looked down at the pregnancy test. It was senior year and Xavier had finally won my trust and love. Naturally along the way I gave him my body, informing him contraception wasn't necessary since I knew a spell my mother taught me. I must've missed something because this test says I'm pregnant. Excitement was the farthest thing I felt, but I swiftly got up and made my way to Xavier's dorm. I entered and upon first glance he looked pretty stressed, but this was urgent and had to be discussed.

"Xavier I need to speak with you about the night."

His face was hard and he looked unrecognizable. "It's not a good time Wednesday."

"Xavier I-"

"LOOK WEDNESDAY, IT'S NOT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU! THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE AND OTHER THINGS IN THIS FUCKING WORLD, BUT NO ONE EVER CONSIDERS THAT!" He swiftly got up from his bed and shoved pass me.

I was shocked and for the third time in my four years at Nevermore I began to cry, and that's the day he took a piece of my heart that only he can return back to it's rightful places. I quickly returned to my dorm informing Enid that I'd be leaving Nevermore and finishing my senior year virtually. I was going to have this baby and I knew that they would never betray my love and trust.

END FLASHBACK

"Wednesday!" He screamed bringing me back to reality.

I felt terrible with the info I now know, I screwed up his life and Rose's because I wasn't understanding enough to just realize he was just having a bad day. Here I was again crying, I've never cried so much in one month, not even during pregnancy.

"Xavier, you need to come to the girls dorm after school, I have some information." I left with that running until I reached my classroom. I quickly gathered my sanity and prepared myself for my students.

.

.

.

"Make sure you pick your plant, draw it, give me a two paragraph summary of the plant's history and characteristics, and label each part of it. I'll give you guys till next Monday." I said quickly glancing at the clock.

"That'll be all for today class dismissed, uhh Miracle can you stay behind for me please?"

I nervously gathered my things and walked towards her.

"Is there an issue with my performance in class today?"

"Of course not, you do amazing work! We were just headed to the same place, and I thought we could walk together."

"That would be delightful Ms. Addams."

I smiled as we began our walk. "How are you doing with making friends?"

"I don't particularly care for them, but Rose is giving it her best effort and I don't mind her company."

That relieved me on so many levels, I continued to walk deciding I needed some silence before the evenings upcoming events. We walked for about five more minutes before arriving at the girls dorm room. We opened the door to see Xavier and Rose at a painting.

"If you use this technique, it'll help you have better linework on your art."

"Wow, thanks Mr. Thorpe!"

I cleared my throat causing them to both turn around and face me. I counted to 3 in my head and slowly closed the door before beginning to speak.

"Rose, I want you to know that everything I do for you is in your best interest. With that being said everything I told you about your father is a lie."

Her eyes widened. "MOM! Can't we talk about this in private?"

"Xavier, I've always loved you and I meant it when I said you're the only one I've ever been with."

"MOM, that's disg- wait a minute what's going on?"

I took a deep breath. "Xavier meet your daughter and Rose meet your father."