Chapter 6: A New Plan

The 3 gazelles that BlueCrystal, JadeHeart, and BloodFang killed were now buried in the ground.

The wolves didn't attend to burial though, which Kion found suspicious because they were the ones who killed them in the first place.

The Day Pride went on patrol while the Night Pride rested.

Kion was lost in thought. Rani walked up to him, "You ok?" Kion turned to her, "I'm not sure. The wolves were the ones who killed the gazelles. They should have attended the burial."

"Maybe it's just not a tradition that they have," Rani suggested. Kion looked down at his paws, "Maybe." Rani licked his cheek, "Relax a little!" Kion smiled, "Alright." The two ran around, playing all sorts of games.

In the den with the wolves, HawkWing, HailHeart, and DeathBlaze were planning their attack more thoroughly. VioletSky tried convincing HailHeart to not do this, but he wouldn't listen.

"We need to get Kion and Rani when they are sleeping, when the Night Pride isn't patrolling by them," HailHeart explained.

FireFlame joined in, "But that won't work. The Night Pride always has one or two members guarding the tree to keep the King and Queen safe."

"Then we need a distraction," HailHeart replied. TroubleFeather flew beside her father, "Dad, I've flown around, and there are some animals that stay up at night. It would be next to impossible to kill Kion and Rani."

HawkWing growled in annoyance. "HawkWing, you know how BlueCrystal, WaterLight, and MoonBeam have a siren like tone?" RaggedClaw asked. HawkWing nodded curiously.

"Maybe we could have them sing and gather all the animals that stay awake at night, far away from the Tree. That would include the Night Pride," RaggedClaw suggested.

HawkWing smirked evilly, "I like how you think." HawkWing howled and the pack surrounded him.

"BlueCrystal, MoonBeam, and WaterLight, you need to go near the mountain pass and sing. Use your siren tones to attract animals that are awake at night. Then we can kill the King and Queen," HawkWing ordered.

"With pleasure," BlueCrystal growled. She flapped her wings and flew out of the den, followed by WaterLight, and MoonBeam. The sun set over the horizon as they flew to the pass.

"Everyone else, guard the tree while I go inside. I want them to have a slow and painful death. They deserve to feel the pain I do!"

"No!" VioletSky shouted. She jumped infront of HawkWing, "It happened in the past! You can't do this!"

HawkWing glared at her, "Fine. If you chose to be kind, then you are exiled from the pack!"