Chapter 8: Defeated

HailHeart made the first move. He lunged at HawkWing and landed a decent blow on his muzzle.

DeathBlaze dug his claws in the ground, "I could win over HailHeart in a heart beat." "Hey that's my brother!" BlueCrystal growled. DeathBlaze shrugged.

"And shouldn't you be taking care of your mate! She's expecting you know," BlueCrystal said sternly.

"Eh she'll be fine," DeathBlaze shrugged. "Oh yeah? What if she goes into labor? What will you do then?" BlueCrystal asked sarcastically. "I'll stay here, because BrightHerb is taking care of her," DeathBlaze replied coolly. BlueCrystal scoffed, "Some mate you are."

HawkWing clawed down HailHeart's face. Kion winced at the sight. Rani brushed up beside him, "It's the circle of life Kion."

"Yeah but I...I haven't ever really liked mashindanos," Kion admitted, "I tried to stop one between Makuu and Pua."

"That isn't anything to be ashamed of love. It just means you care for animals health," Rani licked his muzzle. Kion purred, "I guess." They turned back to the fight.

HailHeart bit HawkWing's leg. HawkWing tore off some of HailHeart's feathers. HailHeart howled in pain.

HawkWing threw HailHeart across the ground. HailHeart groaned and stood up. "Face it flea-brain! I've won!" HawkWing growled. HailHeart looked up at him. Blood dripped down his muzzle, and a deep cut was just above his eye.

HailHeart looked at his left wing. It was all torn up. "I....I...tap out," HailHeart stampered. HawkWing howled in triumph.

The other wolves howled, except BlueCrystal. She flew up to her brother. HailHeart glared at her. "Brother? Are you ok?" She asked with concern.

"You don't care sis! All you care about is who I'm mates with! You made VioletSky feel unloved! She hated herself because of you! You made her feel like crow food!" HailHeart growled.

BlueCrystal backed up at his aggressiveness.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I'm going back to her," HailHeart flew off, though his wing made it hard to fly, he still managed.

Kion stood up and walked to HawkWing, "Congrats. You have kept your position. You are a strong Warrior HawkWing," Kion dipped his head and turned back to Rani.

The wolves howled and flew back to their den, but BlueCrystal was slower.

"I still have an uneasy feeling," Kion said. "Ugh C'mon," Rani pulled Kion into the tree.

"Rani? What are you doing?" Kion asked. "Helping to relieve your stress," she kissed him. Kion gently pinned her down. He smirked. Rani smiled.