Chapter 10: Anger Unleashed

3 Months Later:

Kion walked into the tree, "Rani?" He asked nervously. Rani looked up at him and smiled. Kion looked in her arms. A light brown lioness was sleeping. Kion licked Rani's cheek.

"What's her name?" Kion asked.

"There won't be any name for that cub!" A voice shouted. Kion turned around and growled, "HawkWing! DeathBalze!"

DeathBalze flew forward and threw Kion against the wall. Kion's body went limp.

HawkWing smirked evilly and looked at Rani, "No!" She wrapped around her cub defensively.

HawkWing slammed her head into the rock. Rani blacked out. DeathBalze heard a roar from outside. He ran out to distract the Night and Day Pride.

HawkWing grabbed the cub from Rani's arms. The little lioness cried for her mother.

HawkWing bit hard into the cubs neck. She cried again. Her blood dripped down HawkWing's muzzle. The cubs body went limp in his jaws, and she died.

HawkWing dropped the body on the ground, "Let's see how you like it when you lose someone you love." He flew out.

DeathBlaze saw him and flew out of the territory with HawkWing. They went back to the pack.

Kion groaned and stood up. His eyes landed on his cub. A puddle of blood surrounded her. Kion approached her. He gasped and tears fell down his muzzle, "NO!" He cried.

Rani gained consciousness

Rani gained consciousness. She felt for her cub in her arms, but she wasn't there. Rani looked at Kion. He was crying. She then looked on the ground. Her newborn cub lay on the ground, dead.

Rani screamed in sorrow and pain, "NO! NOT MY CUB!" She stood up and ran to her.

Tears escaped Rani's eye's. She turned to Kion. He stared at Rani. He cried to much that there were no more tears to cry.

Kion only felt anger now. He sunk his claws deep into the ground. Rani walked up to him and nuzzled him, tears still falling from her eyes.

"He killed her," Kion growled quietly, "HAWKWING KILLED HER!" "K-Kion?" Rani stampered. Kion took a deep breath and calmed down, "We bury her. Then only pain will be heard from that fucking monster! His death will be slow and painful!" Kion roared.

Rani backed up. Kion had never sworn before. And he was never this aggressive, even with the venom in his scar.

Kion picked up their cub, and he walked out with her. Rani followed him.

The Day and Night Pride gasped. Kion buried his daughter in the willows. Rani cried over her grave. Kion refused to show weakness. He was going to kill that monster. No matter what it took.