Chapter 17: Can We?

VioletSky and HailHeart decided to stay in their own den away from the pack. "HailHeart?" VioletSky asked. "Yeah?" HailHeart replied.

"Do you think, maybe we could have pups of our own?" VioletSky looked at him. HailHeart smiled, "I would love to!"

"When can we have them?" VioletSky asked. "Anytime you want," HailHeart smirked. "Would now be a good time?" VioletSky pawed at the ground, embarrassed.

"Now is a great time," HailHeart pinned her down.

Rani and Kion were walking back to the tree. Kion kept roaring, using his fire breath. "You better control that or I'll have to kick you out of the tree," Rani joked.

"Ok ok," Kion chuckled. He stopped roaring. They walked in silence for a bit.

"Kion, can we try again?" Rani asked. "Try again?" Kion raised an eyebrow. "For more cubs," Rani looked into his eyes hopefully.

Kion smiled, "Of course we can have more." Rani licked his cheek, "Let's try when we get to the tree."

Kion smirked, "Last one to the tree is a bad ruler! He started running. "That's not how it- ugh he can't hear me," Rani sighed and ran after him.

Kion obviously got to the tree first. He smirked triumphantly, "I win." "Only because you got a head start," Rani glared at him with a smile.

"Ready?" Kion asked. Rani nodded with a smile. They walked into the tree.