Chapter 14: A Changed Wolf

BrightHerb tried getting free, but she was pressed firm against the wall, her wings getting smashed.

"DeathBlaze, just let me go. You aren't alpha. I don't need to answer to you. And how dare you question your healer!" BrightHerb growled. DeathBlaze snarled and let her go.

HawkWing flew up to them, "What's the matter here?" "BrightHerb was out late," DeathBlaze replied. BrightHerb caught her breath, "I was just getting fresh air."

HawkWing sniffed her pelt, "You're only telling part of the truth. There is a hint of IcePool, HailHeart, and VioletSky on you."

BrightHerb tucked her ears down. "Tell us why you were with them, and the punishment won't be severe," HawkWing said firmly.

BrightHerb had no choice, "I-I was helping IcePool give birth." DeathBlaze's eyes widened, "She gave birth! I made her stay outside! BrightHerb! Where is she!"

"In the den toward where the sun sets," BrightHerb replied. DeathBlaze flew out.

HawkWing turned to BrightHerb. She gulped and tucked down her ears. "I'll have mercy on you, considering you were only doing the right thing. No punishment," HawkWing said.

BrightHerb jumped up, "Thank you!" HawkWing nodded. He walked out and looked at the sky, which slowly was turning into a sunrise, "I miss you BriarRose. More than you can imagine."

"VioletSky!" HailHeart shook her. "HailHeart stop! My wing!" VioletSky groaned. HailHeart stopped, "I-I'm sorry."

VioletSky stood up. Her left wing was smashed. She looked at it sadly.

Rani glared at Kion, "You broke her wing!" "I didn't mean to!" Kion shouted. Rani rolled her eyes and walked to VioletSky, "Is there anything I can do?"

"Just make sure IcePool and the pups are OK. I'll be fine," VioletSky replied. "Are you sure?" Rani asked, "Your wing doesn't look to good."

"Yes I'm fine. HailHeart is with me," VioletSky assured her. Rani nodded and walked to IcePool. Kion followed her.

IcePool was cuddled close by her cubs. Her eyes widened when she saw Kion.

Rani turned to him, "Are you going to apologize? Or do I have to force you?" Kion looked down and folded his ears back, "I'm sorry IcePool. I don't know what came over me."

IcePool smiled, "As long as you don't hurt FrostRay, SnowHail, or BlueViolet, I forgive you." Kion nodded.

DeathBlaze rushed in and landed on the ground. "D-DeathBlaze?" IcePool stampered. "Where are they? Where are our pups!" DeathBlaze didn't seem to care Kion and Rani were there.

IcePool showed him their pups. DeathBlaze smiled and nuzzled them.

"IcePool, I'm so sorry. I'm a horrible mate. I made you sit outside in the freezing weather," DeathBlaze looked down sadly. "Hey, it's ok. You're a good wolf now," IcePool licked his muzzle.

"HawkWing needs to be stopped," Rani stepped forward, "And we will defeat him, together."