𝘍𝘪𝘷𝘦

Fact Five: Sauropods were the tallest animals that ever lived. Some were more than twice the height of a giraffe.

The water gently laps at Thea's skin, cooling her after a long day of working

The water gently laps at Thea's skin, cooling her after a long day of working. She had found the small waterfall the other day and made sure to remember where it was so she could come back.

After dinner was over she had managed to slip away undetected and proceeded to do what she had been doing every night since they had arrived. Curl up in bed and read a good book but something had made her think of the water and she found it calling out to her.

The walk was over an hour since she couldn't take a Quad or it would be noticeable but she was grateful for the peace and quiet. She had managed to spot some giraffe's along the way and made sure not to get to close to them.

Rushing water surrounded her senses and she moved to float on her back, her body becoming weightless as her eyes watched the sky darken above her. A sense of euphoria washed over her, for she felt truly at peace with the world in that moment.

As the sun had finished it's job for the day, the starts began to wake up and the nightlife of the grasslands became more vocal. Thea listened to the sounds, the insects chirping, the hippos in the distance, the heat still blanketed her but the water would soothe the affects every now and then.

She smiled and let her eyes close in order to somehow preserve this moment, for she wanted to keep it locked up tight so she could revisit it whenever she wanted. Thea was so submerged into her head she didn't hear the rumble of an engine or the quiet footsteps that followed.

"Thea!"

Her eyes snapped open at the sound of her name being hissed and she turned over into the water to face the sound. Immediately her eyes meet Lucas's blue ones, his gaze pinning her exactly where she was as he moves closer.

"You need to tell someone if you are leaving." He rumbles coming to stand at the edge, the water gently overflowing over the sides every now and then.

"I - I wanted to..." She rambles off not knowing how to  politely say she didn't want anyone to know so that she could be alone.

"I get it. I do." He nods not breaking eye contact and something in his eyes tells Thea that he does understand. "But it's dangerous, you know that."

Thea swallows feeling embarrassed and scolded, but deep down she knows he is right. It is dangerous to leave the camp without anyone knowing. Especially because she isn't just five minuets away.

"Tell me." He almost demands folding his arms across his chest. Thea is distracted for a moment and doesn't answer so Lucas elaborates. "Tell me so I know."

She finds herself nodding, the whispered word leaving her mouth. "Okay."

"Also this is my spot." He frowns as his eyes finally move from her to their surroundings.