𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

Fact Seven: Dinosaurs that lived near water often left the best fossils.

The whole group packed up the moment the quad carrying Thea and Zack was out of sight

The whole group packed up the moment the quad carrying Thea and Zack was out of sight. For once it was silent, not only as they settled up for the day but the whole way back as well.

Lucas was seething. He watched Thea spring up from laying on the ground, her stance one of a frightened deer. Bobby was blocking his view so he didn't see what he did but deep down he knew something must have happened.

Her behavior that followed only confirmed it for him, she wanted to leave. Straight away, Thea, the girl who was more determined than anyone else here to find something of value.

The whole journey back he was brimming with energy and Steph could feel it running through is veins as she held onto him on the back of the Quad. Stephanie was confused and felt completely out of the loop since things had come out between Lucas and Thea. However she and her husband still agreed on one thing and that was to look out for Thea.

She practically pushed Zack forward so he could take her back to camp.

Everyone else made sure to stay out of their way as they raced back across the cracked land and even though they were all wary because of Lucas, they were also not talking to someone else.

No one dared to speak to Bobby after what had just happened.

By the time they had all pulled into camp Lucas was already off and dragging his bag along with him to find Thea. Pulling back the light coloured material his eyes swept across her living area. It was messy and seemed to have no real organisation to it and Lucas wanted to do nothing more than clean it up.

Books seemed to be scattered across her bed and the small table next to it so he gathered she liked to read. Even though the space was full of her things it was empty without her presence. He checked his own tent next wondering if maybe she was waiting for him in there but once again his tidy space stared back at him.

She wasn't here.

"Zack." He snapped stepping back out and into the center of camp.

Zack popped out of his own tent moments later and immediately understood the question written all over Lucas's face. Raising his hands he said, "She went into her tent. I made sure she was alright before I left her."

Lucas sighed in frustration and turned away from the countless eyes watching his every move. The heat was beginning to bother him and the confrontation from earlier was overwhelming him. He could feel the over stimulation from a mile away and knew he needed some space, time by himself...

His eyes snapped open. She needed space and time to be alone... where we he go? Where did she go the last time, it was a good thing he knew the answer to that. Adding a few things into his bag and making sure Zack knew to save some food for him and Thea for later, he made his way to the quads.