Chapter 10

The group delves deeper into their expedition tales, Eren recounting, "Upon joining the Survey Corps, the 57th expedition was imminent. Many comrades from our training days—Jean, Mikasa, even the queen and Sasha—marched with us."

"Sasha, the girl who devoured a potato during training?" Fay inquires.

A bittersweet aura envelops those who recall her, the pain of Sasha's demise lingering. Eren solemnly affirms, "Commander Erwin sought answers beyond the walls in my father's basement, despite the Warriors from Marley obstructing us. They possess the Female, Colossal, and Armored Titans."

Reiner and Annie visibly react to the Titans' mention. Eren continues, "The expedition aimed to unveil the Female Titan's identity, but the cost was high. Though we discovered her identity, casualties mounted. In the aftermath, only the captain and I remained from Levi's Special Operation Squad. If I had assisted them, perhaps we could've averted their deaths."

"Did you eliminate the Female Titan?" Erich queries, eager for closure.

"No, our confrontation resumed in Stohess. Right before I could end her, she chose to encase herself in crystal. Her entrapment lasted until I utilized the Founding Titan's power to free her," Eren explains.

"Was she alive inside that crystal?" Katrina queries with intrigue.

"I wonder," Eren responds, his tone growing colder. "But we owe her one thing: she revealed the walls' true nature as composed of Titans. If I can master hardening, I can seal Wall Maria. However, just as we learned this, news arrived of Titans breaching Wall Rose again."

"Again? Have they breached another wall?" Laura's concern is palpable.

"No, Marley soldiers transformed villagers into Titans," Jean murmurs.

Connie's expression darkens at the memory of his family, but he remains silent.

"We were informed by the Church of the Walls that Historia, our queen, might hold the key to the walls' secrets. That's why we made the decision to rescue our fellow Survey Corps members. It was then that the Armored and Colossal Titans made their ominous appearance," Eren recounts. "My lack of caution led to my capture by them, costing the lives of more Survey Corps members in their attempts to save me."

A somber atmosphere settles as the group recalls the harrowing ordeal. Eren continues, "Yet, amidst that, one thing became crystal clear—a newfound determination emerged within me. A determination to obliterate Marley in the same brutal manner they inflicted upon my hometown."

"And you achieved that four years later," Mikasa remarks, her expression grave.

"Given their atrocities, many of us would readily endorse repaying Marley in kind," Aya asserts with a resolute tone.

"I was rescued, but we lost more soldiers, and I came face to face with my stepmother's Titan, advancing to attack us. Tragically, she claimed the life of one of my friends, leaving me feeling utterly powerless. Eventually, driven by desperation, I resorted to confronting the Titan with nothing but my bare fists... and that's when the Founding Titan's powers surged within me," Eren recounts.

"My mother did mention that the Founding Titan and a Titan with Royal Blood are the prerequisites for activating that power," Laura interjects. "Since your stepmother possesses royal blood, that's how it happened, right?"

"Yes. It enabled our escape back to Trost. However, my display of power didn't go unnoticed by the king and the royal government. They dispatched the Military Police and Interior police to eliminate us, aiming to capture me and the queen. They intended for the queen to consume me, seizing my abilities. Truth be told, I was prepared to let her do it," Eren reveals.