Chapter 19

As Eren and the rest arrive at Tybur's mansion, Gloria lets out a heavy sigh before addressing them, "So, what's taken you so long to come back?"

Aya responds, her voice tinged with concern, "Some things happened on the way. We got separated from the children for a while, only to discover that they were with Captain Levi, Gabi, and Falco."

Curiosity fills Petra's voice as she inquires, "How is Captain Levi holding up?"

Eren's expression darkens as he shares the grim news, "He seems confined to a wheelchair now, and with the Ackermann powers seemingly gone, I doubt he'll be able to fight again. What about you guys?"

"We've been honing our Titan abilities here," Gloria explains. "This place happens to be close to the Warrior Training grounds, which are somewhat abandoned. It gives us the space to train our Titan abilities more effectively."

Concern lingers in Aya's voice as she asks, "Have you seen Armin, Reiner, or the others nearby?"

Odom responds with a measured tone, "No signs of the former Warriors. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of them showing up."

As the figures lurking nearby aren't Armin, Reiner, or any of their allies, Levi, Gabi, and Falco stealthily approach the spot where Eren and the others are gathered.

Gabi's voice carries a hint of surprise as she speaks up, "Hold on... isn't this the Tybur residence?"

Levi's curiosity is piqued as he raises an eyebrow, asking, "You're familiar with this place?"

"It's where the Tyburs used to reside," Gabi responds. "It's close to the Warrior Training grounds—the very place where we underwent our training as warrior candidates. But I thought it was obliterated by the Rumbling... it looks eerily unchanged."

Fueled by a mix of caution and curiosity, they opt to conceal themselves, observing the group of individuals making their way toward the Warrior Training Grounds from their vantage point. Gabi's incredulous voice breaks the silence, "Why are Mikasa and the others heading to the Warrior Training Grounds?"

Shrugging slightly, Falco adds, "And Mr. Levi, why are you so keen on following them?"

Levi's gaze remains fixed on Eren, engaged in conversation with Gloria and Aya. "Do you see that man over there?" Levi points discreetly at Eren, now different in appearance but recognizable to Levi.

"Isn't he Erich and Fay's father?" Falco questions, puzzled.

"I used to be the Captain of the Survey Corps, I remember all the faces of my subordinates. He might not have the long hair he once did, but he's Eren Yeager," Levi confirms.

Gabi and Falco are stunned, their expressions a mixture of horror and disbelief. Gabi protests, "That can't be right! Eren Yeager was killed by Mikasa in the end, wasn't he?"

"That's what I thought too," Levi admits. "And that's precisely why we need to figure out what those kids are up to."

Though uneasy about the revelation, Falco and Gabi silently agree to clandestinely enter the Warrior Training Grounds to ascertain the intentions of Eren and the others.

As Eren and the group step foot onto the deserted training grounds, an eerie silence envelops them. "With the diminished population after the Rumbling, it's unlikely anyone will stumble upon us training here," Gloria remarks.

Eren, sensing the opportunity, inquires, "Shall we begin our training then?" Some among them nod in agreement, ready to initiate the process by biting their hands.

Soon after, Levi and his companions arrive at the scene, their attention caught by the crackling lightning piercing the building's interior. A wave of concern washes over them.