Chapter 15

Erwin and Petra exchange surprised glances as Eren speaks. Petra's voice breaks the silence, "Eren... what exactly do you mean by that?"

"I did what Reiner and Bertolt did. During the speech, I attacked and killed many in the crowd. I was backed into a corner and forced to transform, just as Annie did in Stohess."

Erwin's tone is grave, "So you not only took down the soldiers trying to encircle you, but innocent bystanders and children as well?"

Eren's expression darkens, "I never intended any of this. But three years of relentless struggle blurred my sense of right and wrong. I unwittingly embroiled the Survey Corps in my battles. Armin unleashed the power of the Colossal Titan, obliterating the port and its soldiers with a single transformation. The Scouts, in their attempts, brought down numerous buildings and enemy forces. Four Titan shifters akin to me were sent by the enemy to face us. I acquired the War Hammer Titan's power, Jean and Sasha incapacitated the Cart Titan, and Captain Levi captured the Beast Titan. Though the casualties in that battle were only six, when Sasha was fatally wounded, the count rose to eight..."

"Did you... Did you pass away during that conflict?" Akira inquires of Sasha, her voice tinged with concern.

Sasha's reply comes with a calm understanding, "I don't hold Eren accountable for it. He forewarned me about the risks involved, in case you're wondering."

Mikasa, contemplating the conversation, murmurs softly, "I understand..."

"However, for acting without authorization, I was detained by the military once again," Eren explains. "They deemed me beyond redemption and captured all the Marley volunteers who had been assisting us, forcing them to hand over the Titan serum in order to find a Titan capable of devouring me."

Aya interjects, "We weren't going to let that happen. At the time, with the queen pregnant, Floch spread the news among the citizens. Their protest in front of the capital demanded Eren's release, resulting in Floch and some Yeagerist faction members being kidnapped. With no time to spare, the remaining Yeagerists took a stand against the military and bombed the capital. This action led to Premier Zachary's death."

Petra and Erwin wear expressions of shock as Eren continues, "It was a dire moment. I was aware that Reiner would prompt an immediate Marleyan attack on the island, despite the considerable damage we inflicted on them. Utilizing the War Hammer Titan's power, we escaped the prison. Our priority was to locate Zeke and initiate the Rumbling as swiftly as possible."

"Are you implying your faction was responsible for the deaths of the remaining commanders and soldiers?" Erwin's voice is tense with inquiry.

"Zeke had some of the volunteers spike the wine with his spinal fluid," Jean explains. "This resulted in Commander Pyxis, Nile, and other soldiers unknowingly consuming it. Upon Zeke's scream, they'd transform into Titans. He also subjected all the scouts, excluding Captain Levi, to this fate. When we encountered Levi again, he was gravely injured."

Petra interjects, "Speaking of Captain Levi, is he still alive?" Her feelings for the captain are evident in her question.

"He is, but he's confined to a wheelchair and currently unable to leave Marley," Mikasa reveals, causing both commanders to frown at the news.

"After escaping the prison, my priority was to prevent interference with our plan, so I attempted to detain Mikasa, Armin, and others there. However, Marley launched an attack, pitting three Titans against me. Fortunately, the Beast Titan was on our side. Yet, during the battle, he unexpectedly screamed when I was grabbed by Reiner. That scream triggered Commander Pyxis, Nile, and the others to transform into pure Titans, wreaking havoc by devouring those around them," Eren explains.