𖤐 𓈒࣪ ᭡ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏 ˖?! 𖦹︎ ִֶָ ࣪ ៹

"Wow, this concept is very deep."

"It is indeed so deep, but so accurate.."

"Literally, and I think a lot of Kpop idols and Kpop fans will be going to relate to it."

"For sure, they will! And now we know Beomju
언니 (older sis) has her stage name as Heesoo."

"Yes! It totally makes a lot of sense!!"

"Heesoo represents the Kpop fans in the Ditto music video. That's why when we're going to film Ditto, you'll be playing someone's point of view."

"The point of view of the Kpop fans?"

"Exactly! You girls understand very fast."

"So, that means on the next song that we got to know 'OMG' does it have a role too?" Hyein, the youngest asked.

"Yes, indeed. OMG is kinda like sequel follows from Ditto. But from the Idol side point of view." Heejin answered us Hyein's question.

Our managers, including our boss Heejin talked with us about our upcoming comeback, and the concept of it. It's a very interesting comeback with full of potential, surprises and relatable content.

Me, who plays a big role in the music video, immediately understood why my stage name has the name 'Heesoo.'

"Okay, Minji-ah, you can now explain Ditto to the girls. Since you made also a writing touch in the song, with your creative mind, explain to the girls the meaning of the song's."

"Sure! I really waited for this moment!!!!" Minji said with excitement.

"Okay, go on!"

"Yes, so, Ditto is inspired by a Korean movie about two students in the same school, one in 1979, the other in 2000, that are somehow able to talk to each other using amateur radio. Now let's make a quick dictionary search, what does the word ditto mean? The meaning of ditto is the same thing again, now let's check the lyrics. Hyein, please talk the marked lyrics out."

"Okay, uhm..'Stay in the middle like you a little, don't want no riddle 말해줘, say it back, oh, say it, ditto 아침은 너무 멀어, so say it, ditto.'"

"Newjeans, so us is telling Heesoo, Beomju 언니 (older sis) to say it back over and over again. Say what back, exactly? That Heesoo really likes the feeling that she has kpop idols as friends, but she has to forget that they are not actually idols nor her friends. She wants to get over that fact, but her mind is telling her to say it again and again."

"It can't get deeper.." Haerin mumbled under her breath.

"Right? I even get goosebumps!" I answered.

"Oh, it will. Now, if you do remember how we got told what stuff will be in the music video?" Minji asked as we all nodded.

"At the ending of each music video there is a deer which is taking the role of us, Newjeans. But what does a deer symbolize? A deer symbolizes grace and devotion. In Heesoo's, so in Beomju 언니) older sis's mind we can see the love, loyalty and enthusiasm that she has for her idols and her idols have for her, and she is upset about the fact that they are not together and happy."
(source from reddit!)

The girls and I were stunned to speak. Our mouths were completely open that I started to feel my spit coming out of it, and I bet from the girls as well.

"Now, Hanni who also wrote OMG with us can explain to us the song, and the music video."

"Sure, so, both Ditto and OMG have multiple layers of meaning, some in relation to the lyrics of the song others seem to be a comment on idol-fan relationships and the idol industry in general. While Ditto focuses on the para-social relationship fans engage in with their favorite idols, OMG shows the different projection from fans into idols."
(Source: also from reddit!)