Prologue

Born Into Battles

One quiet night on a peaceful planet, soft cries could be heard throughout a secret maternity ward. The crying belonged to a small newborn who was wrapped in the loving arms of her mother. It was the perfect illustration of balance. Newborn life in a galaxy of raging wars.

Hazel-blue eyes stared at the new mother's face for the first time. Adoration and affection could be felt throughout the room as the new family shared their first hour together. However, sadness showed in the mother's eyes as she held her new baby, knowing that a large sacrifice would have to be made to ensure the safety of her child.

"Milady, are you absolutely sure that you do not wish to tell him? It's not too late." The new mother looked up to the face of her guard. "No, the galaxy is in turmoil and him being in the middle...he cannot afford any distractions. I doubt there would be anything he could do for her anyways." The guard looked at the girl with sympathy, knowing that she would likely never meet her father because of the cruel war plaguing the galaxy. The one they sought to hide her from.

"I will send word to her caretaker when you are ready." With that, the guard walked away, allowing the mother and daughter to share their first and last moments together in privacy. The mother sighed and looked back down at her daughter whose eyes reminded her so much of her father.

"My ad'ika, there is so much I wish to say to you and so little time to do so," tears forming in her eyes as she spoke, "but I will tell you this. Be strong and brave my little one. Although I may not agree with the ways of our bloodline, always remember that you have the blood of a warrior flowing through you. Resilience flows through your veins. However, remember also to be kind and have compassion. You are the best of both your father and I. And even if he may never meet you ad'ika, know that both of us are extremely proud of you and who you will be." The baby looked at her almost with a face of understanding, making the mother feel a sense of peace in knowing that she might remember these words. "Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum, ad'ika. And may the Force be with you always."

With that, the newborn was taken from the arms of her mother and sent with a guard and maid-servant off-world, to somewhere she would be safe and out of reach from the war...or so they thought.

A/N: Hello and welcome to Kenobi's Daughter! I'm so glad that you decided to read this story and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did writing it. Just a heads up, the timeline will be slightly different in this AU and the Clone Wars will be extended. The next chapter will have a note to explain further and give a bit of context :)

ad'ika: little one

Ni kar'tayl gar darasuum: I love you