Chapter 2

Fourth's POV

There's nothing more exhilarating than being in the soccer field with the heat of the sun hitting every inch of your skin.

The excitement, the adrenaline, the thrill, everything just makes sense.

I've always felt the most happy when I'm playing soccer. There's just something about running while kicking the ball that makes me feel free and elated.

The moment my dad brought me to the very first soccer match I've ever watched, was the moment I knew, soccer was what I wanted to do.

I love how the crowd roars each time a player scores a goal. I love the look of determination of the players everytime they're in the field as if winning is the only thing that matters in that very moment.

"Nattawat, what are you doing!?" Our coach yelled which brought me back to my trance. Did I space out again? Damn it!

Me and my teammates are now training in the middle of the field, playing against each other.

"Dude, you're so out of it. Are you still thinking about the video?" Win asked as we ran towards Ford who has the ball now.

Was I still thinking about it? If thinking about it meant, me, not having enough sleep last night as I replayed every Liverpool game while cursing them out, then yeah, probably.

"Less talk, more play." I answered as I accelerated and ran ahead of him to get the ball from Ford.

-

"Nattawat, what's gotten into you? You aren't yourself today." Coach questioned.

"I'm sorry coach." I had no excuse. I feel bad. I shouldn't let this affect my performance.

This needs to stop. I can't keep being like this just because of a stupid video.

"The season's championship is in a week. I don't want any of you to lazy your way around. There will be recruiters watching you in the finals and I want each and everyone one of you to bring your a-game. Are we clear?!"

"YES COACH!" We all answered in chorus that echoed through the entire room.

"Alright. I'll see you all tomorrow. Dismissed." Our coach made his way out and we all continued what we were doing.

"Should we go to the arcade with Winny and Prom? It's been a while." Ford suggestively questioned. I shook my head dismissively as I don't plan on agreeing. I just wanna lie down and rest in my bedroom.

"Please." Ford clasped both of his hands together, pleading, while constantly blinking his eyes adorably and I don't even know why but I just started nodding for some reasons.

He cheered after getting my answer and walked away to tell the news to Win and Prom. I chuckled before I made my way to my locker. What just happened?

-

"Should we play Street Fighter first?" Ford enthusiastically asked. He's like a kid who was brought to the mall by his parents for the first time.

"Play whatever you want Ford." Prom answered him lifelessly.

"Oh, come on! Cheer up and stop stressing out, will you? We should at least treat ourselves to some game time since we never had the time to celebrate our win the other day. Stop sulking and start appreciating the magic of the arcade, hmm?"

"Fine. Fine. You win. Let's go." Prom decided to stop resisting since he know damn well he's not gonna hear the end of it and won't win against Ford's antics.

As soon as we entered the arcade, the smell of machines and the noise coming from them and the people playing invaded our ears and nose.

I breathe in an air as we made our way to our usual spot.