Chapter 16

This is not the situation that Fourth expected he'll be in for his first night on vacation.

There are too many things going on in his head at once and he feels like he'll malfunction at any moment.

Two hands are being offered in front of him and he is horrified.

Does he want to take either of the cup? That's a question he didn't want to find answers to right now.

The two are waiting for the captain but he was too busy contemplating things that he can't even look at either of their faces and see what their expressions are.

He doesn't want to know. He doesn't want to see.

He was just frozen in his spot. His eyes are fixated on the two cups in front of him.

He'd rather want to disappear and get swallowed by the ground than to be in his position right now.

Someone save me! Fourth's inner thoughts did a cry for help and just like an answered prayer, Ford made an appearance out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry boys, but I need to borrow my bestfriend for a minute. He needs to help me with something."

A forced and awkward smile was sent by Ford to the two men who looked at him confusedly.

Ford pulled Fourth who was still a little frozen from his spot and dragged him away from the brothers.

Gemini and Barcode exchanged looks before sitting down on the long chair where Fourth was sitting on before Ford dragged him away.

The two sipped on their drinks before Gemini started talking.

"Have you talked to dad yet?"

"No."

Barcode heaved a sigh.

He doesn't even know if their dad would be pleased to have him here so, he didn't bother reaching out to him.

He really wanted to reconnect with his family, but deep down, he is scared.

"You should talk to him. He'd be happy to know you're here."

Barcode scoffed at Gemini's response which made his brother look at him seriously.

"Happy..." The St. Gabriel player softly stated as if questioning the word. "He left me, you know. You both left me."

Barcode turned his head to look at Gemini.

He was smiling but you can clearly see the sadness in his eyes.

"That's not true."

"Then where were you two these past years?"

Barcode wanted to yell at his brother. He really did.

The pain of being left alone still lingers in his bones like it was yesterday.

He thought they were family, but do families leave each other behind just like that?

But he couldn't resent them.

He was just sad that he was left alone.

He was already used to being by himself before his dad and his brother came.

They became a reason for Barcode.

For once, Barcode felt that he belonged to something.

For once, he didn't feel alone.

He have his mom, yes. But it's different.

Gemini was the only person he could talk to... Like a friend.