Chapter 5

Narration

The two boys made their way to find a Cafe nearby. There are lots of cafes inside the campus so Fourth was grateful they didn't have to walk all the way out to eat and drink. Because on his part, it would be embarrassing to let the man that saved his life walk kilometers away and tire him.

The sun is high up above but it's not that hot. The weather is just the right amount of heat and breeze colliding, which is perfect for walking.

The two are walking side by side silently. They are secretly glancing at each other's way, both not knowing what to say to one another. Fourth is contemplating whether to initiate a conversation or not.

He's usually the type to start a conversation with anyone but there's just something about the boy who saved him that's making him quite nervous.

                               *****

Fourth's POV

"So, uhm- what were you doing in school on a weekend?" I finally found the courage to ask and start a conversation.

"Oh. I uh- just transferred. I just came here to give the dean some of the required documents needed for my transfer." He smiled as I nodded in response. That explains why he didn't seem familiar at all.

There was a minute of silence as they both didn't know how to continue their conversation.

"So, you play soccer, huh?" Barcode let out a chuckle as he pointed his hand on my jersey. Stating the obvious. I laughed a little at his attempt of reciprocating a question.

"Yeah, did I make it that obvious?" I joked, running forward to show him my whole outfit and stopped to shimmy my hands as if I was presenting something.

It made him laugh joyously. Thank God.

We reached Black Bear Cafe in 10 minutes. It was the nearest Cafe around, so that's where I decided we should go.

Me and the team had been here a couple of times after practice so I know they have some pretty tasty flavored drinks and some delicious sweets.

As soon as we entered the Cafe. The scent of pastries and coffee was evident as it surrounded the place with their aromas.

I asked Barcode what he wanted but he just told me to go and order for him as he finds a table for us.

After ordering two slices of red velvet cake and two cups of coffee. I joined Barcode who was sitting at a table by the glass window. He chose a great spot, that's what I was thinking as I stopped walking to look at him in awe.

Barcode was staring outside. The sunlight was hitting his face and it's as if I was looking at a painting. He looks like a beautiful piece of artwork just sitting there on display. Ready to be admired.

He really is gorgeous.

-

The two of us talked about many things while we were at the Cafe. Nothing too personal. Just fun stories and how he's excited to start studying at St. Gabriel's.

He'll start going here on Monday and I promised to give him a tour if he wanted, which he happily agreed to.

Sadly, he had to go home after we ate. But we exchanged numbers before he left so, it's all good.

When I went back to the soccer field after me and Barcode separated, I heard my phone notification sound from my bag.

I took my phone out and saw that Barcode texted. He thanked me for the coffee and cake.